Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,514
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu
    Joined
MetHerb

Summer 2019 New England Banter and Disco

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Where the hell do you live? It’s like backwards Kentucky there. 

Because he has a well?  What makes Kentucky backwards?  Sounds like you've never been there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

180’. 

We have a softener followed by a carbon filter. We had a bad sulfur smell when we moved in and the carbon filter has done a pretty good job of controlling that. And suddenly right after the rain the smell was horrible out of nowhere. Just replaced the filter 2 weeks ago as well 

Did they drill down thru the leech bed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alex said:

My employee's truck today. Oops

59EDEAE9-142A-4AA2-BA6A-F59FBC8DC30A.jpeg

I see the fam in the background too, Going to need some bondo for those scratches in the paint....yikes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

City sewer here actually 

And no city water? wtf??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

City sewer here actually 

Is it an older house? That’s not common I don’t think to have well water but sewer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah, backwards.  

My comment wasn’t meant to offend those with wells. Brett lives in Taunton which is a city. I’m just surprised he has to pump his own water into wooden buckets like he does. 

This is a little sliver of Taunton in Raynham... the rest of Taunton is on the other side of 495. It’s weird. We have Raynham sewer and mail. The town water stops about a mile from here. 

The water is hot garbage here. The water test has nearly 7ppm iron. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dryslot said:

And no city water? wtf??

 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Is it an older house? That’s not common I don’t think to have well water but sewer?

It’s strange I know. And the house is basically brand new. Last house built on the street where they started building like 5 years ago. 

 

Everyone has town sewer sewer but the water stops about a mile from here. Why it doesn’t keep going, no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This is a little sliver of Taunton in Raynham... the rest of Taunton is on the other side of 495. It’s weird. We have Raynham sewer and mail. The town water stops about a mile from here. 

The water is hot garbage here. The water test has nearly 7ppm iron. 

I think i would be petitioning the neighbors and going to some city council meetings and voice your displeasure, That's crazy, Especially if you can prove the water table is bad, Probably sitting on an old toxic dump for all you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I think i would be petitioning the neighbors and going to some city council meetings and voice your displeasure, That's crazy, Especially if you can prove the water table is bad, Probably sitting on an old toxic dump for all you know.

They’ve already tried. Our only shot is if the Raynham water eventually makes its way down here. But this street was built on the edge of the hockomock and it was all just woods here, according to the folks at the top of the road that have been here for decades before the street was built.

Im curious if it has something to do with proximity to swampy lands.

It’s a weird setup I admit. I was stunned when I saw well water but city sewer. Usually those go hand in hand 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

They’ve already tried. Our only shot is if the Raynham water eventually makes its way down here. But this street was built on the edge of the hockomock and it was all just woods here, according to the folks at the top of the road that have been here for decades before the street was built.

Im curious if it has something to do with proximity to swampy lands.

It’s a weird setup I admit. I was stunned when I saw well water but city sewer. Usually those go hand in hand 

Your leaching methane gas by the sounds of it if that the case by swamp lands, Just an assumption on my part, A well at 180' is not all that deep especially if you have issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that is different. You might look into Raynham helping you out. They may do it. I hope the taxes reflect the lack of public water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Your leaching methane gas by the sounds of it if that the case by swamp lands, Just an assumption on my part.

Good call. Hadn’t thought of that. I was looking into treating the “sulfur” smell and it looks like aeration is the way to go for either of those 2 issues.

Something like this https://www.amazon.com/Air-injection-Silver-AIS10-25SXT-Injection/dp/B004FVZHLC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=sulfur+smell+water+filter&qid=1567647132&s=gateway&sprefix=sulfur+smell+&sr=8-3

 

Already have spent 3k on the system what’s another thousand I guess 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Good call. Hadn’t thought of that. I was looking into treating the “sulfur” smell and it looks like aeration is the way to go for either of those 2 issues.

Something like this https://www.amazon.com/Air-injection-Silver-AIS10-25SXT-Injection/dp/B004FVZHLC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=sulfur+smell+water+filter&qid=1567647132&s=gateway&sprefix=sulfur+smell+&sr=8-3

 

Already have spent 3k on the system what’s another thousand I guess 

I'm going to run your situation by Jessie, A fellow Shriner that's in my unit that drills wells up here to get his opinion to what he may think your problem is, They have been in business for 60+ yrs, We have a meeting tomorrow night, My thinking would be to go deeper, But i will see what he says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dryslot said:

I'm going to run your situation by a fellow Shriner that's in my unit that drills wells up here to get his opinion to what he may think your problem is, They have been in business for 60+ yrs, We have a meeting tomorrow night, My thinking would be to go deeper, But i will see what he says.

That would be fantastic. I’m eager to here his opinion. Thanks for the help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:13 AM, dryslot said:

Never been there, Been to the Flumes probably 40 yrs ago, The Kanc and Grafton Notch.

Despite driving thru Kinsman Notch dozens of times when my parents lived 15 miles to the west in Woodsville, we never stopped at Lost River.  Have had some excitement in the corkscrew turns heading west from the notch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This is a little sliver of Taunton in Raynham... the rest of Taunton is on the other side of 495. It’s weird. We have Raynham sewer and mail. The town water stops about a mile from here. 

The water is hot garbage here. The water test has nearly 7ppm iron. 

Our first house in Fort Kent had town sewer and well water (which had objectionable iron levels among other problems.)  Of course, Taunton is a bit closer to centers of civilization. 
(And the sewer had its problems too - would back up during the summer.  We would close the cleanout "Y" where the soil line went thru the floor, but one time our neighbors neglected to do that, came back from a weekend away and found 9" sewage in their basement.  They'd just put 6 cords of firewood down there, and had to toss it all out thru the little window - no Bilko Door or other outside entry. :axe:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To follow up on Brett's issues, him having a sewer as well as a well in his location, makes perfect sense.  That area abuts the Hockomock Swamp and I'm pretty sure that as part of the development approvals they were probably required to bring the sewer into it so as to not leach into the Hockomock Swamp.  They also may have not been able to perc the soil for septic there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

To follow up on Brett's issues, him having a sewer as well as a well in his location, makes perfect sense.  That area abuts the Hockomock Swamp and I'm pretty sure that as part of the development approvals they were probably required to bring the sewer into it so as to not leach into the Hockomock Swamp.  They also may have not been able to perc the soil for septic there.

At any rate, One of those Cities/Town should step up and run city water there but the amount of residence that are affected may not warrant the work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dryslot said:

At any rate, One of those Cities/Town should step up and run city water there but the amount of residence that are affected may not warrant the work.

I guess that’s the issue where facing... it’s a dead end street off another dead end street. Not sure what the amount would need to be for them to consider, but I guess that number isn’t being hit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I guess that’s the issue where facing... it’s a dead end street off another dead end street. Not sure what the amount would need to be for them to consider, but I guess that number isn’t being hit 

The two brothers I needed to ask were not there tonight at our meeting as they’re out straight this time of year and all year other then springtime when DOT has weight limits on the roads, But I will get an answer to what they recommend when I see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 8:41 AM, alex said:

Lol

For those wondering, it's called Lost River because it runs through a series of glacial caves, so it's underground for a good portion of the valley 

Lemon squeezer?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Lemon squeezer?

Been thru the one at Bear Mt, NY when I was in Scouting.  Mahoosuc Notch in Maine has loads of "lemon squeezers" - fun scramble among car-size rocks when pack-free but a major pain when carrying one.  Often would need to slide the pack thru and crawl after it.  I've read where it was called the AT's toughest mile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL @ Fall River.  Mayor arrested by FBI on Federal extortion crimes.  He's already awaiting trial on other Federal crimes all while still serving as Mayor.  He was recalled earlier this year after the initial charges but the City went ahead and voted him right back it,  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

LOL @ Fall River.  Mayor arrested by FBI on Federal extortion crimes.  He's already awaiting trial on other Federal crimes all while still serving as Mayor.  He was recalled earlier this year after the initial charges but the City went ahead and voted him right back it,  

Lot of issues in that city, Not one of my accounts but Somerset and Swansea are and i heard a few things he did, Not good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×