Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer 2019 New England Banter and Disco

CapturedNature

39 minutes ago, alex said:

So... it's time to start thinking of snow measuring. One challenge is always the small, daily snow we usually get. Has anybody tried something like this??? Stratus RG202

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X3KTHS/ref=twister_B07NDM7Q8B?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

For measuring the liquid equivalent or the depth of what fell?  It will do a great job on the liquid equivalent but not the amount that fell.  For that you really need a snow board.  You can use a 2-3' square and place it on top of the snow.  Do you have a tenths of an inch ruler?

https://www.amazon.com/Tenths-Ruler-36-Inch/dp/B003G560AK/

55 minutes ago, alex said:

So... it's time to start thinking of snow measuring. One challenge is always the small, daily snow we usually get. Has anybody tried something like this??? Stratus RG202

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X3KTHS/ref=twister_B07NDM7Q8B?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Already use that, Great for measuring rainfall and i use it for taking core samples to figure liquid equivalent for snow, But have not used the large cylinder to gather accumulated snow, as Mettherb stated, Snowboard and a 10th ruler for snowfall.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

this, Or add to cart to get your price........:)

That one isn’t always true. I know a lot of the Davis dealers have to put that because they aren’t allowed to advertise their prices if they’re lower than the Davis MSRP. So you get one of those add to cart deals or submit your email to get a link to our unadvertised price.

I am mixed on the ban idea.  If an adult wants to do it (not near me please) I’m fine with it, as long as they don’t expect me to pony up additional money for medical insurance to cover any additional costs they incur. 

It is a gigantic problem in kids right now and that needs to be handled better.  

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

I am mixed on the ban idea.  If an adult wants to do it (not near me please) I’m fine with it, as long as they don’t expect me to pony up additional money for medical insurance to cover any additional costs they incur. 

It is a gigantic problem in kids right now and that needs to be handled better.  

There in lies the problem.  The accessibility of it for teens.  They should outright ban flavorings in these since it's clear these companies are targeting teens with the names of these flavors. 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Lol. I spent it all on this damn house. Sell the house, buy a sensor? Those look cool!

Just ordered the tenths rules. Seems a bit more in my price range ;)

3 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

This also bans all recreational marijuana vape cartridges. People will now turn to the black market cartridges that are the root of the problem. If you dig deeper into who is getting sick its like 100 percent from black market weed cartridges that have unknown substances in them. Nobody is getting sick from juuls and legal rec thc cartridges that are tested by labs.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BrianW said:

This also bans all recreational marijuana vape cartridges. People will now turn to the black market cartridges that are the root of the problem. If you dig deeper into who is getting sick its like 100 percent from black market weed cartridges that have unknown substances in them. Nobody is getting sick from juuls and legal rec thc cartridges that are tested by labs.

yup

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Any research will tell you its black market THC oils. 

That's what I've read as well.  I won't pretend to be an expert on it, but you can't outlaw this without changing anything with regards to cigs.  If cigs are legal, so should vaping. 

Especially when the black market stuff seems to be the real issue.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why not quit inhaling everything ? None of its good . Just which is worse. Why inhale anything into your lungs other than air? 

I agree. I get that there are benefits to pot but I don’t think it’s healthy to be inhaling any burning substance or artificial vapor. If you want the benefits tinctures and edibles would seem to be the better way to go.