Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer 2019 New England Banter and Disco

CapturedNature

On 7/24/2019 at 6:48 PM, weatherwiz said:

Is there anyone here that uses python or familiar with it? I downloaded EDM and basically trying to figure out getting the numpy, pandas, and matplotlib packages. 

From what I'm doing is using command prompt typing in the following line:

edm install ipython numpy

then it compiled and a whole bunch of stuff happened.

I thought all you should do is go into python and type in 

import numpy as np

import pandas as pd

import matplotlib as plt

but when I do I get some error 

Not sure if you figured this out, but in general, post the error

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

A photographer friend came over last night and made a nice time-lapse of the Milky Way from our front lawn.  The town of Bristol and greater Concord NH muck up my southern horizon a bit.

Very cool Gene! We also had a cool photography experience this week. A National Geographic photographer and host of the TV show "Pupparazzi" rented my cabin and took some pictures of my dog. She was awesome and it was so much fun!

B67C8AAD-7203-4C73-893D-097BED00BC0B.jpeg

41D45D13-77EE-4FD1-A22B-53B6696F5320.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

How cool is this 

You should check out her website - dogbreathphoto.com. Her photos are unbelievable. You'll also appreciate the fact that she's become famous worldwide yet she got her start in the world of dog photography by taking pictures of shelter dogs. Her mission was to make sure that shelter dogs get the best pictures possible because so many people choose based on a web picture of the pup. Such a great person. 

11 hours ago, alex said:

You should check out her website - dogbreathphoto.com. Her photos are unbelievable. You'll also appreciate the fact that she's become famous worldwide yet she got her start in the world of dog photography by taking pictures of shelter dogs. Her mission was to make sure that shelter dogs get the best pictures possible because so many people choose based on a web picture of the pup. Such a great person. 

I love her already. Such a great soul

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

So foking sad and depressing we have to be on guard at all times nowadays. My company recently had an active shooter training too. Like I’m prepared.....I guess I should be? 

Run/ hide /fight.  Since 2001 everyday I thought about what I would do in a building where sometimes as many as 700 kids where inside.  You can never prepare 100% but awareness is key. Being aware is not being afraid. So sad.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Aurora already visible up at Katahdin. 

Brought my camera to work, forgot a lens...

Could not detect it at 10 PM outside the house.  Also could not look directly north (only NW or NE) due to trees and hill.  Lot's of stars, however, as the moon was just setting.  Had 74/42 yesterday, lovely.

11 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Could not detect it at 10 PM outside the house.  Also could not look directly north (only NW or NE) due to trees and hill.  Lot's of stars, however, as the moon was just setting.  Had 74/42 yesterday, lovely.

My photography peeps said that pillars were visible only for about 30 seconds at Acadia's Jordan Pond