Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 29-30 2019 Thunderstorms

Torch Tiger

38 minutes ago, w1pf said:

Was out in the car on Rt. 9 in Amherst about 1:30... woah! what a downpour.. lots of pea-size hail, some nickel size or larger. I think I got a dent in my hood from one of the larger chunks.

Going up the hill from amherst media to the train overpass, there was a good 3-4in of water flowing down the hill.. I have never seen that much water on a non-level road before.

Davis IMBY shows a peak rate of 4.8in/hr at 1:35

Wound up pretty nicely.   Classic hail look, similar to 8/1/11 which produced half dollars nearby.   Nexrad showed 65 dBZ.  This from the radar locally.  

2006122420_Capture_2019-06-30-14-48-39_crop_16.thumb.png.9ef078030fe8a77ff98f1fff7db09760.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Nice. You are in the Lowell area right?

Right on cue the cells moving into Boston Metro and North Shore just got warned.

Yeah, I am near the Tewksbury/Wilmington line. I bet they had a good storm on the N shore. Not sure if anyone had severe, haven't seen reports...

7 minutes ago, bch2014 said:

Sitting at gate at Logan heading back to DFW and watching the storm out of the big windows in Terminal B. It literally collapsed...

Oh well, I see plenty of storms in DFW. 

Yeah, especially this year.  Severe thunderstorms 10 out of the last 12 weekends by my count, and 5 straight.