Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 29-30 2019 Thunderstorms

Torch Tiger

Just now, LikesNaturesFury said:

Thank your for explaining how the storm broke into two and how I was able to enjoy it when I was sure it would pass  to my south! 

Does the fact that it was moving into "clear air" have an affect on the fact that it started to hail prior to  rain? Please forgive my ignorance.

Oh, I also found a video on YouTube which seems to show that a tornado should occur in the rear of the storm, not in the front, if I understood it properly.

Right, the rain was being pushed ESE but the hail stays close to the updraft itself. So the updraft was moving ENE into air that wasn't being rained into. 

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Right, the rain was being pushed ESE but the hail stays close to the updraft itself. So the updraft was moving ENE into air that wasn't being rained into. 

Thank you so much for explaining! I got to see a very nice storm today and I also learned more about thunderstorms! A great day all around :)

45 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hows the game? 

Meh I've officially decided on out on baseball. I truly only enjoy sitting and watching football and hockey anymore. Lol, I do enjoy making fun of the Sox when they suck and their gm makes zero moves and builds a horrible bullpen. As I said on Twitter a month ago, Yankees will win the world series. 

42 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Meh I've officially decided on out on baseball. I truly only enjoy sitting and watching football and hockey anymore. Lol, I do enjoy making fun of the Sox when they suck and their gm makes zero moves and builds a horrible bullpen. As I said on Twitter a month ago, Yankees will win the world series. 

Well ... it must be comedy hour then -

The Socks presently are a victim of ( stupidity + arrogance )/ 2 = struggling to keep it above 500 while having offensive roster talent capable of repeating.

If their pitching roster/team is purely a result of the GM, he is D. "Dumb"browski  ... but, I wonder if his bosses salary-capped internally.  Add to that stupidity,  A. Cora comes off as having an over-belief/arrogance in his ability to run games, while mainatining a dearth of valid pitching... Why? Either because he won it all last year, or... he's covering for the former back-room circumstances...  Either way, he'd be a moron for setting himself up that way.  

Those two factors are ruining this season ( to date) and probably will go on to ruin this season, and waste a good offense. 

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Well ... it must be comedy hour then -

The Socks presently are a victim of ( stupidity + arrogance )/ 2 = struggling to keep it above 500 while having offensive roster talent capable of repeating.

If their pitching roster/team is purely a result of the GM, he is D. "Dumb"browski  ... but, I wonder if his bosses salary-capped internally.  Add to that stupidity,  A. Cora comes off as having an over-belief/arrogance in his ability to run games, while mainatining a dearth of valid pitching... Why? Either because he won it all last year, or... he's covering for the former back-room circumstances...  Either way, he'd be a moron for setting himself up that way.  

Those two factors are ruining this season ( to date) and probably will go on to ruin this season, and waste a good offense. 

They need a legit closer . They would have 5 more wins w Kimbrel. People seem to forget he was top 3 closer in league for 6-7 years (including last year)...minus one month of playoffs ...seems Sale grabs a pass for sucking for a few months but not Kimbrel 

anywho convection later?

47 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Um I was asking about your golf game lol

So far this day his isn't materializing the way I had thought it might, yesterday, when looking over stuff.

I was under the impression we'd dawn with fair skies, check ... but, after that?  Nah...wasn't seeing this pin-wheel entering NE NY as being so aggressive that it's transforming this into a different synoptic reality...

One such result ...too much cloud debris rattling around in its midst ... The column is really closer to being baroclinically cyclogenetic ... evidence by multiple sigma level gunk.  Yesterday I thought we'd be warmer in the BL through noon or so, with more sun ... maybe a streak or two of alto strata/cirrus, with horizon toes poking through.  Not this inundation shit. No heating. Granted it's still cold aloft.  If we do get more sun ... maybe.