Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter 2019

George BM

2 hours ago, frd said:

Please post those pics again here......they were great !

I think at one point back two years ago Maue had  the satelite image of when the powerful storm was wrapping off the coast. Was so impressive to behold. Missed it here by not much.  Some good years down the beach for snow as you mentioned.     

The original "BOMB CYCLONE".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, frd said:

Please post those pics again here......they were great !

I think at one point back two years ago Maue had  the satelite image of when the powerful storm was wrapping off the coast. Was so impressive to behold. Missed it here by not much.  Some good years down the beach for snow as you mentioned.     

Here are a few-

bomb.thumb.jpg.041503f483fa84ca08fd47b5d8836d6c.jpg

dig.jpg.a5e975fd0d6483b99c1556caa1c63454.jpg

beach.jpg.367ce87aa6a4b14151cc3325f19890a8.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Don't worry- a long duration, sustained +NAO will lock in around mid November. Like clockwork.

Thanks for posting those images @C.A.P.E. I love looking at them in any season.  As you age. ( me here ) I treasure experiences with storms more and more. 

For example my brother-in-law and I went to North Wildwood to body board yesterday. It was a blast !

Despite the wave forecast of 1 foot , LOL  if you go to 10th St where there is not a sand bar , the waves are suprisingly good and the off shore West winds scooped up the waves.  Had the swells been higher would have been a awesome day.  

Ah, lost my train of thought, sorry.

As we leave my brother-in-law turns to the ocean and takes in one final look, he said, " I love days like this, it reminds of my youth, but also that you need to appreciate times like this even more once past 50. Only so many years left that my body can take this abuse, but I love it . " 

Thanks again CAPE !       

• Like 2

Love those spectacular snow pics as I reflect on how mild and warm today has been in MY particular neck of the woods lol, It's 740pm CDT, 91 degrees with a nice 79 dewpoint, really not all that bad for mid June here, feels kind of like 109 degrees. I was out in that beautiful spring weather all day today doing some relaxing chores lol.

That snow looks nice right now.

Take a very good look at those snow pictures.

Because this upcoming winter, the 2019-2020 Winter, THAT, is exactly what Washington DC is going to look like. For weeks. It's only 25 weeks away. Get your Jebman Shovels NOW!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Because this upcoming winter, the 2019-2020 Winter, THAT, is exactly what Washington DC is going to look like. For weeks. It's only 25 weeks away. Get your Jebman Shovels NOW!day 

I am so confident in your upbeat vibes Jebman,  I will go ahead and get an off-season snow blower tune - up.  :D 

It will take an hour just to remove the cobwebs, and mouse nests......:thumbsdown:   LOL, yes, it has been that long........    I am ready for the eventual next BIG winter. 

3 hours ago, frd said:

I am so confident in your upbeat vibes Jebman,  I will go ahead and get an off-season snow blower tune - up.  :D 

It will take an hour just to remove the cobwebs, and mouse nests......:thumbsdown:   LOL, yes, it has been that long........    I am ready for the eventual next BIG winter. 

The next BIG Winter for snow and cold, is THIS UPCOMING WINTER in the Mid Atlantic, and Washington DC will resemble many communities in northern Maine for weeks.

10 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

If I lived in Hampton roads I could have my 7 - Eleven Big Gulp or Slurpee delivered right  to mby...lol. :lol:  ( per CNN). As kids we drank a ton of those hugeeee double gulps filled with mountain dew or coke . No kid was drinking bottled water lol.

Those chili cheese dogs tho! lol I wont eat that crap now.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

I definitely need another rest day. Still fatigued after riding 16 miles on bicycle sunday evening.

i don't do the cycling, but i've been getting after the mtb trails this season (trying to shed a few lbs).  it can be quite the cardio burn, similar to running a few games of full court hoops.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, 87storms said:

i don't do the cycling, but i've been getting after the mtb trails this season (trying to shed a few lbs).  it can be quite the cardio burn, similar to running a few games of full court hoops.

Depends on how fast you go and the duration (intensity). You could go at an average speed of 10 mph for 2 hours, but still only burn about 700 cals, whereas you could go at an average of 15 mph for an hour and burn over 1,000 cals. And that sh*t burns my legs big time, especially when its windy out. 

I just had McDonald's earlier so I'm gonna burn it off with a morning ride tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, fourseasons said:

Since he busted his nose on a batting-practice bunt gone wrong, Max Scherzer has pitched 15 innings with 20 strikeouts (10 for each game), 1 earned run, 9 hits, and 2 walks.

So instead of the old acting saying 'go break a leg' it is now baseball's 'go bust a nose'?

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

Depends on how fast you go and the duration (intensity). You could go at an average speed of 10 mph for 2 hours, but still only burn about 700 cals, whereas you could go at an average of 15 mph for an hour and burn over 1,000 cals. And that sh*t burns my legs big time, especially when its windy out. 

I just had McDonald's earlier so I'm gonna burn it off with a morning ride tomorrow

yea, i think on average trails and hoops for me burns about 500-1000 calories.  i don't know the exact amount, but that's my guess.  what i also like about the high intensity cardio (a long hike could probably fit into that category as well) is that you get the afterburn which can boost your metabolism for a bit even after you've finished your workout.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JakkelWx said:

I think it's time. I saw a mudcrack earlier today next to a pond. Last time it rained was on the 20th.

I ran the sprinkler the last 2 nights. Despite over 5.5" for the month, my soil is now parched. Doesn't take more than a few days without rain this time of year. And nothing more than widely scattered low probability chances over the next week.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I ran the sprinkler the last 2 nights. Despite over 5.5" for the month, my soil is now parched. Doesn't take more than a few days without rain this time of year. And nothing more than widely scattered low probability chances over the next week.

Let the dog days of summer begin. Isolated chances on the weather forecast on Sunday, then again next tuesday, saturday july 6 and july 8. Nights should also be very warm in the low to mid 70s.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Political and MLB affiliation aside, I'm not sure what's worse to watch, the democratic debate or the Orioles.

At least people can remember the last time the Orioles were worth watching.  I don't know how anyone can enjoy watching a political debate, no matter the sides involved.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic