Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter 2019

George BM

5 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Got the fire pit going on this absolutely incredible night listening to the New Wave music channel on DirecTV #839 ...great station if you like late 70s , 80s alternative,  new wave, punk etc ..music :drunk::)

Guess I have my answer to all that caterwauling I was hearing to my south last night. Thought the apocalypse was incoming. :whistle:

• Haha 1

The end of this week we will be loading up the family truckster and embarking on a road trip to South Dakota. Husband has always wanted to see the Bad Lands, and he has sabbatical he needs to use. Taking our time and stopping at whatever roadside oddities we can. Teenage daughters are up for the challenge of limited internet and reading an actual map. The song Holiday Road has been added to our playlist. There will be no dying Aunt or dog peeing on our sandwiches though. 

90BEBE27-366B-4D36-A677-241F0413177D.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

The end of this week we will be loading up the family truckster and embarking on a road trip to South Dakota. Husband has always wanted to see the Bad Lands, and he has sabbatical he needs to use. Taking our time and stopping at whatever roadside oddities we can. Teenage daughters are up for the challenge of limited internet and reading an actual map. The song Holiday Road has been added to our playlist. There will be no dying Aunt or dog peeing on our sandwiches though. 

90BEBE27-366B-4D36-A677-241F0413177D.jpeg

Just keep your eyes out for the occasional Ferrari

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I assume you'll end up on I-90.  As you approach Chamberlain, SD, stop at the scenic view stop.  As soon as you cross the Missouri River there, the scenery changes pretty drastically.  It's really neat.

There's a diner called Al's Oasis just over the river that's unexpectedly solid.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I assume you'll end up on I-90.  As you approach Chamberlain, SD, stop at the scenic view stop.  As soon as you cross the Missouri River there, the scenery changes pretty drastically.  It's really neat.

There's a diner called Al's Oasis just over the river that's unexpectedly solid.

Thanks for this! I told him about what you said and he said he had heard about the diner. We are all for stops like the two you mentioned. If you have anymore let me know. We found a site called roadside America and have planned many stops. 

13 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Have a great time!! Make sure you check in with us here and let us know how things are going!

9 hours ago, yoda said:

I guess I must be missing something with Ellinwood and CWG and some writer named Cappucci

#wxtwitterdrama

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Totally agree about Wall Drug. It’s a neat place that we actually stumbled upon. Pretty good food in the area too. 

I also liked the Crazy Horse Memorial, which is near Mount Rushmore. A lot of good items in the museum and the food was solid. 

If you like good food (and I know you do) @Mrs.J, Madison, WI is awesome. The Old Fashioned was super busy but tremendous.

Awesome about Madison! We are taking a different route out through Iowa, but are coming back through MN and WI. Husband wanted to stay in Madison. 

17 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

So ...you show up at someone's ranch/ farm and spend the night there . ( Does this include wild life fun:D).

I assume you're riding their horses since you're a horse girl...no?

It is called Circle View Guest Ranch. And yes they have guest rooms and cabins. Located right near the entrance to the Bad Lands Park. 

And yep will be riding. One of their family members owns a working cattle ranch just down the road. They do range riding on the side. We have booked a 2 hr ride and it is not a tail to nose ride. As my younger daughter is an advanced rider she will get to do more than walk and trot. We will get a fantastic view of the Bad Lands as their ranch is right next to it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah, but it was a long time ago.  You going?

yes! next week. My better half has been doing an engineer training for the last 6 months and their final session is next friday. he was able to bring me for the end of training banquet and they are paying for our room for a night. we decided to make it a longer trip to celebrate my birthday while we are there. 

we have tickets for Falling Waters on the 27th, and his training/dinner is 2-6, then 7pm on Friday (Ill have to find something to do before dinner), but otherwise our schedule is open. Heading up Wednesday, coming back Saturday (my mom is taking the kid). 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, mappy said:

yes! next week. My better half has been doing an engineer training for the last 6 months and their final session is next friday. he was able to bring me for the end of training banquet and they are paying for our room for a night. we decided to make it a longer trip to celebrate my birthday while we are there. 

we have tickets for Falling Waters on the 27th, and his training/dinner is 2-6, then 7pm on Friday (Ill have to find something to do before dinner), but otherwise our schedule is open. Heading up Wednesday, coming back Saturday (my mom is taking the kid). 

That sounds awesome! I went with my then wife and we really enjoyed it. She is a pharmaceutical rep and that was one of the many bonus trips that we went on as a result of her job. Falling Waters is pretty awesome, and though I don’t recall the details, I was left with a great impression of the whole area.

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That sounds awesome! I went with my then wife and we really enjoyed it. She is a pharmaceutical rep and that was one of the many bonus trips that we went on as a result of her job. Falling Waters is pretty awesome, and though I don’t recall the details, I was left with a great impression of the whole area.

Thats good! Im not too concerned that it won't be a fun trip, and the Falling Waters visit is more for my husband than me. He's into that whole architecture thing and we've done a few historic house tours over the years on vacations, so its right up our ally. 

personally, i am hoping there is a visit to the spa so i can get a massage or something hahaha

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic