• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

June Discobs 2019

Wind is cranking here on the SW side of the departing ridge with lower pressure/front approaching from the south. Gusting to 30 mph. Feels nice outside though, and no rain at all. Had some sun until the past hour.

• Sad 1

Went for a walk at Cromwell Valley Park mid-morning. This might be a top ten nice weather June morning I have ever experienced. Absolutely gorgeous - and the easterly breeze puts it over the top amazing.

• Sad 1

Yep beautiful last 2 days.  Yesterday with the real low humidity was nice and 70s most of the day and today's comfortable east wind . 

• Sad 1

Okay it can start raining now...everything is crispy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Okay it can start raining now...everything is crispy.

The radar says good luck with that.

• Sad 1

After 7.73" in May, June is off to a dry start here. 0.28" so far. Tends to go that way here- feast or famine lol.

All of last winter was famine in the snow dept. :yikes:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, dailylurker said:

The radar says good luck with that.

Watch...we'll be lucky to get an inch of rain on this side of the Potomac from this "event".

• Sad 1

Set new record 'cool max' highs last two days here, something has fell from the sky everyday except two since start of the month, 1.82 inches in total. Currently setting at -2.1 for the month on temps.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Watch...we'll be lucky to get an inch of rain on this side of the Potomac from this "event".

Not to be selfish but on this side I hope to get more, but like you said earlier, with the wind today my garden looked like the dust bowl era .  

Have to say I love your suggestion you gave me a month ago about using the straw for the tomatoes and other plants. I noticed there was indeed more moisture around those plants that had a covering of straw.  Now, if it also stops the tomato fungus /blight,whatever you call,  it I will be dancing in the streets. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, frd said:

Not to be selfish but on this side I hope to get more, but like you said earlier, with the wind today my garden looked like the dust bowl era .  

Have to say I love your suggestion you gave me a month ago about using the straw for the tomatoes and other plants. I noticed there was indeed more moisture around those plants that had a covering of straw.  Now, if it also stops the tomato fungus /blight,whatever you call,  it I will be dancing in the streets. 

I'll post pictures of my setups this week.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Slugs are still an issue even with the wood chips idea this year. Tried yeast traps, crushed up seashells (don’t tell my kids) and a few other natural repellents with no success. The only thing that has worked is manual removal over the past 10 days. I’ve probably removed 50+ slugs so far but each night there are less and less. They have damaged half my cabbage, cauliflower and Brussels. Pretty frustrating. Think I’ll go with netting next year.

Someone should start the annual lawn and garden thread.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, poolz1 said:

Slugs are still an issue even with the wood chips idea this year. Tried yeast traps, crushed up seashells (don’t tell my kids) and a few other natural repellents with no success. The only thing that has worked is manual removal over the past 10 days. I’ve probably removed 50+ slugs so far but each night there are less and less. They have damaged half my cabbage, cauliflower and Brussels. Pretty frustrating. Think I’ll go with netting next year.

Someone should start the annual lawn and garden thread.

Try a frisbee with some beer set in the ground. They love it and drown.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

0.0 yesterday.  Currently 57 with drizzle 

Not much action here- just some scattered light rain and drizzle. 0.15" since yesterday evening.

The dry air finally retreated with the HP, but it took longer than modeled. PWATs on the increase, but not much of a mechanism for lift today until that vort moves in later with the front. Should be some decent downpours but probably scattered more than widespread, and looks to move through pretty quickly. Looking forward to tomorrow and esp. Wed, which looks like another outstanding day for June.

• Like 1

I've decided, looking at the deluge that they got over GA and the Carolinas late last week into the weekend, that it is the anomalous extreme blocking summer equivalent of Jan '80. Too much blocking for our area...(which is fine by me this time around).

ETA: My anecdote is probably entirely meteorologically dumb. I can live with that. Don't quote me anywhere.

yesterday was fantastic. even once the clouds moved in later in the afternoon. windows opened, breeze. nice day in the pool on saturday. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Radar looks like garbage.  

Looking like a major forecast bust inbound.