Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2019

George BM

8 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Pics?

Incredible night!

Currently 69/52

I think I showed you mine last year but here's another pic tonight. 

20180720_205528_crop_490x470.jpg

I don't think I did see it. Very nice though. Yours looks much nicer than mine. I did mine quick and dirty and on the cheap- for about 150 bucks, with materials from Lowes(other than the firebrick). I made mine so I didn't have to cut any block or stone, although I did end up having to cut a couple of firebrick.

What did you use on the top? Almost looks like firebrick on that pic.

I ended up going out so tonight will be the inaugural fire lol.

eta- post a daytime photo of your firepit, so I can see it better.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

The sun is brutal this time of year. It's amazing how fast it dries the soil out in my garden. I'm using straw to fight that. Hopefully these storms make it into the DC area this evening. 

Had nearly an inch of rain last Thursday evening, and over 5" in the last couple weeks, but my soil is already getting powdery. If you have well drained sandy/silty soil like I do, it only takes a few days with no rain this time of year. Ofc I also have big trees all around and they pull the moisture from the surface. I even have some brown grass in spots, and I don't have much to begin with. I hope my expansive clover field holds up, otherwise my yard will be mostly dirt by the fourth of July lol.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Humidity went way up after the sprinkles here.  Currently 80/76. Was 85/69

Had a few drops here. Not bad out tho- 80/72. Was just outside watering my plants and (browning) grass and it felt quite comfortable. Not a single skeeter bite either. That's the best news.

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Highest dp so far this year imby. I bet some select few see an overnight boomer B)

Few being the operative word lol. Best chance is probably your area into SE PA and maybe NE MD and N DE.

Latest HRRR run as a nice cell pretty close to my yard tho. :whistle:

23 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Few being the operative word lol. Best chance is probably your area into SE PA and maybe NE MD and N DE.

Latest HRRR run as a nice cell pretty close to my yard tho. :whistle:

I hope your right and I score later tonight.  It is really dry out there. 5 days here with very little rain, if nothing tonight add another 6 days to that to total 11 days. 

I will keep my hopes up for the weekend to get rainfall with the frontal passage. It is almost useless to even to water the lawn.  The evaporation and power of the sun now is just too much. Best to have the grass go dormant,  and not water incorrectly and cause even more issues. 

Once we get to later August when it does rain it seems to help more and last longer in the soil , as the sun is a bit weaker then, ( shorter days to a degree and somewhat less brutal sun angle ) 

We enter the dog days of summer this week. Woof :sun:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, frd said:

I hope your right and I score later tonight.  It is really dry out there. 5 days here with very little rain, if nothing tonight add another 6 days to that to total 11 days. 

I will keep my hopes up for the weekend to get rainfall with the frontal passage. It is almost useless to even to water the lawn.  The evaporation and power of the sun now is just too much. Best to have the grass go dormant,  and not water incorrectly and cause even more issues. 

Once we get to later August when it does rain it seems to help more and last longer in the soil , as the sun is a bit weaker then, ( shorter days to a degree and somewhat less brutal sun angle ) 

We enter the dog days of summer this week. Woof :sun:

I have had plenty of rain here, but the sun- and now combined with the heat- is overwhelming. Same thing happens every summer at this time- the areas in the yard that get the most sun burn to effing hell, and go to thatch. Not recoverable outside of reseeding in the Fall.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I have had plenty of rain here, but the sun- and now combined with the heat- is overwhelming. Same thing happens every summer at this time- the areas in the yard that get the most sun burn to effing hell, and go to thatch. Not recoverable outside of reseeding in the Fall.

Yep, it is a bummer. I can relate. I am happy made it this long with green grass and not having to water flowers and others plants . So begins the watering chores and all the lovely things that go with it like :

Bee stings, and more bee stings...more so wasps and other varieties   

Skeeters, ...hate them !!!!!!!

Breathing dust and dirt 

Sweating like I am in the tropics 

Velvet ants ( a wasp ) cruising by my feet ( please don't bite me )

Cicada killers trying to intimidate me  by dive bombing me  ....

My hose crimping up and the water coming to a stop followed quickly by me saying,    what the F 

Eh,  I am happy to be a live , all the above is cool with me LOL  !! Getting outside is still  enjoyable to me.  It is like an adventure out there this time of year.    

• Haha 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic