• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2019

George BM

Its getting slightly warm down here in south central Texas. High was 97. Dewpoint was 74. It felt like 110. Tonight, 84 degrees with a 78 degree dewpoint.

Tomorrow will in all likelihood be WORSE.

Its not even summer yet. LOL

In August down here the average high temperature is 99. Now thats HOT!

You guys arent gonna believe this: The mosquitoes are so bad, that I am wearing jeans and a light hoodie, in order to keep from being bitten alive. It works, but it feels very hot.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, yoda said:

So your garden is now flooded lol

It's happy now, that was some much needed rain!  2.05 total.  Luckily my yard drains well but the houses behind us, not so much.  Their small back yards turn into rivers anytime it rains hard.

One more round possible today then we bask in gorgeous weather tomorrow.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Good call. I just got the first downpour of the week.

Brewery job is going well. I've had the time to brew with the head brewer a couple of times and help with dry-hopping and adding purée to the fermenter. Most of the time I'm in the tap room being a grunt.

What brewery you at?

10 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Western Baltimore county has to be getting slammed with that slow mover

missed me :( 

15 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

The pressure in my head is brutal. My daughter and I both got a headache last night. Did not really sleep and woke feeling worse. 

Dehydration , you worked outside ?  Hope you guys feel better. 

I had to get up three times last night as my dog, is going downhill.. all sort of issus developing . Went out at 3 AM to a tropical like rain forest , every window coated in dew and a slight fog, and mist as well hanging overhead.  Yuck !  Then my dog has grown to fear ground bees , like the cicada killer bees even though they are mostly harmless.  Takes him 5 minutes to look around and finally go.  Soon those cicadas will be here , I think near July 23 rd ish   

29 minutes ago, frd said:

Dehydration , you worked outside ?  Hope you guys feel better. 

I had to get up three times last night as my dog, is going downhill.. all sort of issus developing . Went out at 3 AM to a tropical like rain forest , every window coated in dew and a slight fog, and mist as well hanging overhead.  Yuck !  Then my dog has grown to fear ground bees , like the cicada killer bees even though they are mostly harmless.  Takes him 5 minutes to look around and finally go.  Soon those cicadas will be here , I think near July 23 rd ish   

No dehydration. We are prone to barometric pressure headaches. Just some are worse than others. Usually when something big is forthcoming. With the headache the pressure also causes me to have a weepy eye that waters all day. I actually am happy if I start sneezing. Then the pressure gets relived. 

Sorry to hear about your dog. They all touch our hearts. 

• Like 1

I might be wrong on this but I think a -NAO becomes pretty impotent once we get into the summer months- as far as providing "cooler" weather. Might look impressive on an h5 anomaly panel, but it isn't really worth a damn this time of year wrt sensible weather. We are going to get our warm/hot periods regardless, and plenty of humidity.

Just now, losetoa6 said:

I should have been more specific...

Southwest Baltimore county :D

hahaha, i saw around 11 there were some nice cells come up out of howard into the county. they must have missed me east though. oh well. maybe today! lol

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

“OMG it’s been such a cool June. -NAO for days. Never gonna hit 90!”

BWI +2F on the month to date.

Better than hitting 100 degrees.  I will still take this month. My lawn is happy as well as my garden. 

Without looking at the BWI stats wonder if yet again the higher overnight low temps are the cause of the warmer monthly June temps so far?

That seems the case lately with an abundance of high soil moisture and last summer's  super high dews. I think last summer also set a record for the average dew point being so high from July to late September. Maybe HM was the one who "might" have posted that.  

As for the -NAO and the interplay from the 50/50 low, seems that feature along with the record cold pool anamoly has really caused more issues further North with stalled warm fronts, and way more cloudy days for certain . Even with that said, I believe NYC is still near average, and like you said BWI +2 MTD.

Even next week when looking at the warmer temps over the North and East it would seem more a function of warmer nights versus hotter days.  

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I might be wrong on this but I think a -NAO becomes pretty impotent once we get into the summer months- as far as providing "cooler" weather. Might look impressive on an h5 anomaly panel, but it isn't really worth a damn this time of year wrt sensible weather. We are going to get our warm/hot periods regardless, and plenty of humidity.

Yes, you are correct. The effects become less and less,  and I might have read that it could even be responsible for heat further into the summer. That second part not sure though. But yeah, it is a waste.  

54 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

“OMG it’s been such a cool June. -NAO for days. Never gonna hit 90!”

BWI +2F on the month to date.

I was just gonna post about this when I saw your post.  Several nice days scattered in the midst of a bunch of very warm ones.  We've been hitting upper 80s on the reg.  Hot, humid, dry.  So much for blocking.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic