Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2019

George BM

7 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Winds have switched to the southeast currently.  They were out of the west.  Might be conducive for at least some heavy showers overnight.  Radar starting to pop up some showers in central Md 

Had about 0.35” from a heavy shower just before midnight. Second day in a row like that and slept through both .

10 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Nothing exciting here for this prolonged stalled front event, but have picked up just over an inch of rain since Monday. Going back to Monday last week, around 4.2 inches has fallen here.

Actually better luck last week here , 48 hours of FFW has equaled about .30 here. But, the watch was a good idea, areas in Newark, DE had flash flooding and in Dover as well, very localized though.

What is interesting is the morning gray theme going back to April and most of May.  If you are a morning person and enjoy the first rays of sun to charge your get up and go, this weather sucks.  

Impact on garden not sure, but might be concerned when the tomatoes start to get to the ripening stage. Last August after the super high dews fungus set in and also grass fungus too causing the worse grass loss here in 20 years.

Hey,  I love your fire pit !!  Nice job ! 

• Like 1

Interesting Day 1 to 3 from the WPC

Zooming in on our area, seems like .50 inch, maybe .75.  Not that much when you compare the wording form some of the local NWS offices. 

I know so far the forecast for most from the WPC from 4 days ago has not really worked out that great so far.  Localized impacts are evident by the comments in this forum,  and a general tough forecast for sure in nailing down everything from rainfall totals to severe weather impacts with this system.    

d13_fill.gif?1560945855028

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I bet you get filled in B). BTW ...Hows the Brewing Co. Job going?

Good call. I just got the first downpour of the week.

Brewery job is going well. I've had the time to brew with the head brewer a couple of times and help with dry-hopping and adding purée to the fermenter. Most of the time I'm in the tap room being a grunt.

• Like 1

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  I got home at 6:30, saw the blank radar, and went out to water my parched gardens.  A few fat drops started splashing down so I looked at Radarscope and saw a small shower developing overhead.  Meh, kept watering.  It suddenly darkens and starts raining pretty hard, so I stop and come in.  WOW!  That cell exploded over us giving us about 1 inch in 20-30 minutes, with decent CTG lightning.  Then more formed just SW and trained over us.  Finally winding down with about 2 inches in the gauge.  Below is the shot of the first cell over me just minutes after it formed, and a wide shot showing how isolated it was.

image.png.7a4dcbba0f33e98ab0dd6161d5c15b83.png

image.png.98ef87defe58e8e72cbf3a3e4bc2d3f4.png

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  I got home at 6:30, saw the blank radar, and went out to water my parched gardens.  A few fat drops started splashing down so I looked at Radarscope and saw a small shower developing overhead.  Meh, kept watering.  It suddenly darkens and starts raining pretty hard, so I stop and come in.  WOW!  That cell exploded over us giving us about 1 inch in 20-30 minutes, with decent CTG lightning.  Then more formed just SW and trained over us.  Finally winding down with about 2 inches in the gauge.  Below is the shot of the first cell over me just minutes after it formed, and a wide shot showing how isolated it was.

image.png.7a4dcbba0f33e98ab0dd6161d5c15b83.png

image.png.98ef87defe58e8e72cbf3a3e4bc2d3f4.png

So your garden is now flooded lol

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic