• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2019

George BM

72 degrees here now with some sun breaking out from time to time.

Broke 3 inches here between the last two rain events, pretty crazy !

Grass was looking dry last week but appears to be bouncing back.  An excellent fescue grass season in my area so far. 

The  WAR getting pushed East and South in the coming 7 day period.  Next week looks active for waves to effect us with more rainfall.    

Looking for a good beach day, but hard to choose.  Tomorrow will get blinded by flying sand particles. Sunday looks nice but the wave action not so good, seems like a SW wind, was looking for offshore.  And not liking the tide cycle , tide going out on the afternoon. 

Tuesday has potential bebind the wave from Monday , maybe a close WNW or I will take even WSW wind. Magic Seaweed has a few single stars from 9 AM to 3 PM. ) Have to keep a close watch. 

https://magicseaweed.com/Wildwood-Surf-Report/392/

Look at all that rain again. 

p168i.gif?1560456328

• Like 2

Wow - that storm packed a punch, power flickered twice, branches down , driving rain, estimate wind gusts maybe to 35 to 40 mph. I did not see or hear any hail. 

I was near the Southern edge of the 50 DBZ radar returns, looking North , I would think Newark, DE. got hit harder , also up there the line was wider.  

20 hours ago, adelphi_sky said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I have come to the idea that usually when we have mild winters, our summers are on the cooler side. And when our winters are cold and snowy, we get heat waves. 

You might take interest in this post, even though it is geared towards the NYC forum.

To me it is very interesting as the lack of heat so far this season is rare as bluewave pointed out in his post.  true is has been more pronounced further North and West but still rather impressive that we can enjoy more typical Spring days and have had low dew point and cool periods in a sea of warmth this decade. 

Of note see 2003 and 2014 both cool June months that were part of winters that were cold and snowy I believe. So it can happen but not very often.  

from @bluewave

Only the 6th time in the last 30 years that LGA hasn’t reached 90 degrees by June 15th. Warm season notable cool stats have been few and far between during the 2010’s. So it’s bit of a rarity when we see muted high temperatures like this. Just the 2nd occurrence this decade.

Time Series Summary for LA GUARDIA AP, NY
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
Rank
Ending Date
Highest Max Temperature Mar 1 to Jun 15
Missing Count
1 2014-06-15 87 0
- 2003-06-15 87 0
3 2019-06-15 89 2
- 2006-06-15 89 0
- 1998-06-15 89 0
- 1990-06-15 89 0

• Like 4

4 hours ago, frd said:

You might take interest in this post, even though it is geared towards the NYC forum.

To me it is very interesting as the lack of heat so far this season is rare as bluewave pointed out in his post.  true is has been more pronounced further North and West but still rather impressive that we can enjoy more typical Spring days and have had low dew point and cool periods in a sea of warmth this decade. 

Of note see 2003 and 2014 both cool June months that were part of winters that were cold and snowy I believe. So it can happen but not very often.  

from @bluewave

Only the 6th time in the last 30 years that LGA hasn’t reached 90 degrees by June 15th. Warm season notable cool stats have been few and far between during the 2010’s. So it’s bit of a rarity when we see muted high temperatures like this. Just the 2nd occurrence this decade.

Time Series Summary for LA GUARDIA AP, NY
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
Rank
Ending Date
Highest Max Temperature Mar 1 to Jun 15
Missing Count
1 2014-06-15 87 0
- 2003-06-15 87 0
3 2019-06-15 89 2
- 2006-06-15 89 0
- 1998-06-15 89 0
- 1990-06-15 89 0

Thanks! I appreciate the posts. That's amazing. 

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic