Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2019

George BM

28 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

0.0 yesterday.  Currently 57 with drizzle 

Not much action here- just some scattered light rain and drizzle. 0.15" since yesterday evening.

The dry air finally retreated with the HP, but it took longer than modeled. PWATs on the increase, but not much of a mechanism for lift today until that vort moves in later with the front. Should be some decent downpours but probably scattered more than widespread, and looks to move through pretty quickly. Looking forward to tomorrow and esp. Wed, which looks like another outstanding day for June.

• Like 1

I've decided, looking at the deluge that they got over GA and the Carolinas late last week into the weekend, that it is the anomalous extreme blocking summer equivalent of Jan '80. Too much blocking for our area...(which is fine by me this time around).

ETA: My anecdote is probably entirely meteorologically dumb. I can live with that. Don't quote me anywhere.

12 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I'll post pictures of my setups this week.  

Huge down pour at 5:45 AM this morning from heavy cell moving NNW from Doverand points SE.  I am very lucky, I don't see wipespread rains, however, right now an area seems to be moving North up the Eastern shore 

I look forward to seeing your layout   I have made myself little straw free pathways between rows of plants, ie.  narrow that I can simply rake every day to keep free. 

I tend to have less straw right up against the plants to help preent slugs (just a theory ) and than deeper farther away to keep the weeds down.   

This could be in the long-term, but decided to drop it here -

Basically the same blocking giving us the cooler weather, if it persists could aid in very warm weather later in the summer, which fits into the forecast of many, plus the recent decadal warmth along the Eastern coastline via the very warm SSTs partly from the robust WAR. ( feedback at work ) . 

From Don S

Today, the preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) figure was -0.874. The blocking will likely continue through mid-month and then could slowly fade. At the same time, blocking is consistent with warmth on the East Coast during the middle and latter part of summer. Hence, should blocking generally persist, the prospects of a warm or perhaps very warm second half of summer could increase. 

40 minutes ago, yoda said:

Warm front just went blasting through... evening and tonight could be interesting as the cold front sweeps through

Getting some breaks in the clouds here. Less wind as well. It doesn’t take long to swamp here esp with several hours of daylight left.

30 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

That cell in Northern Delaware looks like a slow moving deluge .

Cool looking towers looking to my east. Been virtually nothing here, but areas in DE have been hammered. 2-3" with more in a few spots. 

0.18" total here for the entire "event". lol.

Very little, if any, lightning showing up nearby on spark. Some pockets towards Lynchburg. Given the timing of all this and a lack of good daytime heating, my expectations are pretty low for storms, but it’s a frontal passage so maybe there’ll be some pop ups. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic