Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2019

George BM

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Oh yeah baby that looks like fun. This is why we love the NAM. 

:weenie:

nam3km_mslp_wind_neus_32.png

nam3km_mslp_wind_neus_36.png

Nah, looks non tropical to me. Would have been nice to get more time over water for any of these surface lows between development and the push onshore. 

A sub-tropical or tropical entty so close to the coastal waters would be unreal for Early June. I was hoping for a yellow circle.

28 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Me neither lol. Looks like a beautiful day on tap. This is typical of our "rainy days" this time of year. A rainy weekend ends up being a overnight shower. Glad I knew better and watered the garden. 

Yep.  I've had 0.25 since May 23 and 0.75 since May 13.  I was hopeful for good rain since we do stratiform fine here - we just don't do thunderstorms.  Now this is looking more like a thunderstorm event Monday afternoon/evening and a shut-out is on the table.

• Like 1

Well, I for one am delighted the biblical and apocalyptic rains ended up south. We’ve done our stretch.

On a seasonal impact, wondering if the deluge down there at this point makes that region less of a candidate for BIG HEAT - the relative moisture in place in the ground across a good chunk of the country from the Mississippi River east is a bit abnormal.

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

Well, I for one am delighted the biblical and apocalyptic rains ended up south. We’ve done our stretch.

On a seasonal impact, wondering if the deluge down there at this point makes that region less of a candidate for BIG HEAT - the relative moisture in place in the ground across a good chunk of the country from the Mississippi River east is a bit abnormal.

I too watered the garden yesterday, was pretty dry with the strong sun and breeze.  Mount Holly seems to think the most robust rainfall is early in the week and they mentioned the Thursday deal has a lot of uncertainty. They said the low that was to effect out region as the dominant low is now forecasted to be washed out/absorbed into the Great Lakes low, so less rainfall later in the week is a possibility. If you desire rain hope this first round makes it here. The WPC still has us in good shades for significant rainfall but I do have some doubts.    

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Watch...we'll be lucky to get an inch of rain on this side of the Potomac from this "event".

Not to be selfish but on this side I hope to get more, but like you said earlier, with the wind today my garden looked like the dust bowl era .  

Have to say I love your suggestion you gave me a month ago about using the straw for the tomatoes and other plants. I noticed there was indeed more moisture around those plants that had a covering of straw.  Now, if it also stops the tomato fungus /blight,whatever you call,  it I will be dancing in the streets. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, frd said:

Not to be selfish but on this side I hope to get more, but like you said earlier, with the wind today my garden looked like the dust bowl era .  

Have to say I love your suggestion you gave me a month ago about using the straw for the tomatoes and other plants. I noticed there was indeed more moisture around those plants that had a covering of straw.  Now, if it also stops the tomato fungus /blight,whatever you call,  it I will be dancing in the streets. 

I'll post pictures of my setups this week.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Slugs are still an issue even with the wood chips idea this year. Tried yeast traps, crushed up seashells (don’t tell my kids) and a few other natural repellents with no success. The only thing that has worked is manual removal over the past 10 days. I’ve probably removed 50+ slugs so far but each night there are less and less. They have damaged half my cabbage, cauliflower and Brussels. Pretty frustrating. Think I’ll go with netting next year.

Someone should start the annual lawn and garden thread.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, poolz1 said:

Slugs are still an issue even with the wood chips idea this year. Tried yeast traps, crushed up seashells (don’t tell my kids) and a few other natural repellents with no success. The only thing that has worked is manual removal over the past 10 days. I’ve probably removed 50+ slugs so far but each night there are less and less. They have damaged half my cabbage, cauliflower and Brussels. Pretty frustrating. Think I’ll go with netting next year.

Someone should start the annual lawn and garden thread.

Try a frisbee with some beer set in the ground. They love it and drown.

• Sad 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic