Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 General Discussion

Hoosier

10 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

No of course not, LOL

but you can bet if that was coming off the African coast it would be tagged.. 500mb temps are even a tad warmer then surrounding areas

there even seems to be an upper level high around NE OK helping to fan out the outflow and some models do indeed develop a full surface low as it moves into OH this evening

call it a Midwestern African wave :D

I have actually in the past seen big well developed MCS's sag into the Gulf and become invests though

The discussion looked so official.  :lol:  

There is the brown ocean effect in which some tropical systems have maintained themselves over land unusually long or even restrengthened, and it has been very wet in the region of course.  But I'd think that a system of tropical origin is required.

I remember the same thing with MCSs hitting the Gulf.  

Almost noon, and it's 65 degrees with a soaking rain pouring down, with some slow rumbles of thunder.  The electric bill is surely gonna look awesome after basically not even needing to run the AC up to this point.  Picked up 0.44" of rain so far.  

May get some Iowa sloppy seconds later this evening.  

18 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Almost noon, and it's 65 degrees with a soaking rain pouring down, with some slow rumbles of thunder.  The electric bill is surely gonna look awesome after basically not even needing to run the AC up to this point.  Picked up 0.44" of rain so far.  

I wish my AC was off. Between my 4 month old, 3 year old, and 32 year old wife, I have nonstop temperature complaining. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 7:29 PM, Floydbuster said:

So since I'm more a tropical guy than anything else, is there a legit reason why this weather has been ball-sucking cold? It's 55 and rainy in the middle of freaking June. I'm pissed as is every other freaking person I know.

It is ball-sucking cold, and I'm growing further weary of this Hudson gyre nonsense. Every Spring has been the same; no Spring. I'd be torrid if it weren't for my trip to the central Plains in May where I escaped this bowel squirting action. It reminds me too much of the worst June (2015) and some of the awfulness of the year prior. If its sunny and low 70s then whatever but once that cloud cover hangs and you get stiff breezes its a wrap. I've also noticed that every time the forecast on a misting/light rain day shows upper 60s it ends up being 10 below that. I had to wear a jacket again today and its the middle of June...

15 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Almost an inch for the day.  This evening's storm was a brief downpour, but some decent lightning.  

Just noticed this morning's Euro shows widespread 6000J/kg cape from northern IL through almost all of Iowa late in the day Sat.  

Next weekend? Yeah there is going to be a boatload of instability coming north next weekend.

12 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

We are now passing the midway point in June and I have not yet had to turn my central air conditioning on this year! Awesome!

• Like 1

Only topped out at 73 degrees. Highest temperature hit so far this month is 83 degrees back on the 6th. The record low maximum June temperature is 84 degrees in 1982. Currently, there have been only 7 years where the highest temperature of any June would be colder than the highest temperature of any May: 1896, 1903, 1928, 1929, 1937, 1938, and 1982.

46 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

We are now passing the midway point in June and I have not yet had to turn my central air conditioning on this year! Awesome!

There is nothing “awesome” about it being 60 degrees and raining during the day in mid-June.

Remember the Nino?  It's still going, so the guidance from months ago that had it continuing through spring/summer appears to be correct.  If I had a gun to my head, I'd say it's probably going to keep rolling right into next winter.  But winter can hold off for like 6 months. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Remember the Nino?  It's still going, so the guidance from months ago that had it continuing through spring/summer appears to be correct.  If I had a gun to my head, I'd say it's probably going to keep rolling right into next winter.  But winter can hold off for like 6 months

Days start getting shorter in 6 days or so.  First flakes could be less than 4 months away.  :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2019 at 2:36 AM, Hoosier said:

Remember the Nino?  It's still going, so the guidance from months ago that had it continuing through spring/summer appears to be correct.  If I had a gun to my head, I'd say it's probably going to keep rolling right into next winter.  But winter can hold off for like 6 months. 

Hopefully if nino is here in winter it is weak.

6 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Yes sir! I was thinking of that yesterday...we are wasting the longest days of the year on solid overcast day after day. 

Yeah it's pretty crazy how it just continues to be so cool.  We actually had drizzle for several hours yesterday afternoon/eve beneath a heavy overcast.  Bizarre!  And here today, it's now noon and we have a heavy overcast with a temp/dew of 66/58 lol.  

Gonna enjoy today, as we have our usual Vietnam-like humidity coming later this week/weekend.  The never ending 75+ dews the last few summers has beaten me down some, as I don't like that kind of humidity like I once did.  

Another overcast day like michsnowfreak stated, this awesome month is being ruined by continuous cloudiness. Like clockwork my forecast was for mainly sunny skies and some clouds...the sun briefly came out around noon. The same thing that happened to cyclone77 just occurred now with it lightly raining! :lmao:

In the morning and late evenings I feel like putting the heat on due to the lower lows.

6 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Yeah it's pretty crazy how it just continues to be so cool.  We actually had drizzle for several hours yesterday afternoon/eve beneath a heavy overcast.  Bizarre!  And here today, it's now noon and we have a heavy overcast with a temp/dew of 66/58 lol.  

Gonna enjoy today, as we have our usual Vietnam-like humidity coming later this week/weekend.  The never ending 75+ dews the last few summers has beaten me down some, as I don't like that kind of humidity like I once did.  

I am definitely sick of the rain. In terms of amounts we have not had nearly as much here in Southeast Michigan as much of the rest of the sub has, but in terms of how often it's raining, it just seems to be all the time. I love cooler than average temps in the summer, and I do not mind overcast. Of course I would prefer Sun this time of year, but I'm not one of those people who gets depressed just because it's cloudy. (In the late fall through Winter I love overcast, but this is not winter lol). And I can definitely say humidity is never something I have enjoyed. If we can just dry out some and have near to below average temps the rest of the summer, that would be wonderful!

Getting to be late for Chicago to not have recorded a high of 85+ yet.  The record latest is July 3 back in 1935.  I don't think that record will be broken but let's see how many more days it will take. 

First 85+ high:

June 19:  1893, 1924, 1997, 2009

June 22:  1882

June 23:  1884

June 30:  1878

July 2:  1883

July 3:  1935

• Like 1