• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 General Discussion

Hoosier

Toledo has not had a June high temp of 59 or lower since 2003. I suppose it is even possible that Thursday would have a high temperature at 12:01 AM for eastern Michigan or northern Ohio, or SW Ontario, perhaps making it seem not so bad for the all-time record books and such.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:52 PM, NTXYankee said:

Well severe weather season has been in the crapper here in central Ohio, the rest of Ohio has done fairly well, so I’ve given up on that changing.  I will gladly take a warm/hot dry summer instead. I need something to forget the long snowy winter and prepare for next season.  Maybe 7 years in Texas spoiled me on expectations this far north.

Be my guest, unless your main outdoor recreation is swimming or laying on the beach to try to get a tan, I don't see the allure of the warm, humid, but dry summer.  We seem to be locked in to a pretty nice pattern here; heck, we haven't had a low at 60F or above yet this warm season officially.  That's where so far only 2003 rivals this delayed summer start in recent years.

Approaching the mid-point of June and I haven't had to run the AC in the house yet.  I'm loving it!  Have had a couple days where the house got a little warm but it cooled off the next day.

Looking at the extended, looks like the non-AC run might continue a few more days.

It’s crazy how much cool and dry air has been hanging around in the northern plains and Great Lakes so far this spring/early summer.   Even during the big tornado stretch in May the temps in Oklahoma and Kansas n of the warm front were only in the 50s

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

It is 49 degrees at South Bend at 1 pm on June 13.

Yeah, crazy stuff.  Up to 50 at 2 pm. :sun::weenie:

Looks like South Bend had a midnight high of 58, so it will go down as the 2nd coldest max on record for the date.  Their record low max for 6/13 is actually much colder than I thought it would be (53 in 1955); definitely a cold outlier compared to the dates around it, which are generally in the upper 50s.

So since I'm more a tropical guy than anything else, is there a legit reason why this weather has been ball-sucking cold? It's 55 and rainy in the middle of freaking June. I'm pissed as is every other freaking person I know.

If memory serves, we also had a cooler early Summer in 2017 and 2018.

The only fascinating thing is if their is a correlation between cold summers in Ohio and more hurricane landfalls in the U.S? I recall August 2004 being very cold here, right before the epic reign of Charley/Frances/Ivan and Jeanne.

18 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This weather blows. Just brutal, 60s and rain in mid June....? A few pics from my new house on some of the nicer days.

yEuXo3s.png

PtNOglr.png

My man, recently bought a home with a pool.  We opened it the 24th of May.  My wife has floated around, I haven't even bothered.  The frustration is running deep.  Nothing worse than a pool you cannot swim in

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King James said:

My man, recently bought a home with a pool.  We opened it the 24th of May.  My wife has floated around, I haven't even bothered.  The frustration is running deep.  Nothing worse than a pool you cannot swim in

Getting a solar cover helps substantially.  It will warm that puppy up in no time.  :thumbsup:

Days like yesterday make you appreciate the power of the sun when directly overhead.  While cooling down most of the day the sun finally popped out around 5 and those few hours of sunlight made a very noticeable difference, jumped about 5 degrees in an hour or so.  Pretty wild pressure jumps too from 1018 down to 1005 back up to 1017 in  24-30 hours.

Topped out at 76 today after only reaching 64 degrees as an overnight high yesterday. Might as well struggle to even reach the 70s tomorrow due to the storms and no sun. TWC wants both tomorrow (with high of 73) and Sunday (highs in lower 80s) to be washouts. Definitely going to be a crappy weekend.

Might hit 60 today.  If not, it'll be the fourth day in a row with highs in the 50's.  Low temps for the entire month so far have been in the 40's (40's are the norm tho), with the exception of 2 nights in the 30's, and 2 nights it stayed in the mid-50's.  Highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's for the next 7 days likely.  Cool, crisp, and refreshing!  As long as it's sunny, I'm cool.

MQT just released the snowfall accum map from this past winter.  I'm the black dot... I had estimated somewhere around 275".

1819snow.png.92faf220b94fa8f848abc320152856cb.png

• Like 2

Tropical Weather Discussion

Statement as of 8:00 am EDT on June 15, 2019

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of mexico:

A well defined wave was located over MO this morning.  Satellite and surface obs suggest a surface low may be forming.  Outflow is good in all quads but restricted some on the west side.  Wind shear data from the University of Wisconsin suggest light to moderate wind shear of 10-20 kts over the system.  Joplin MO recently reported a substained wind of 25 kts gusting to 40 kts .  Models indicted this surface low will become better defined during the next  12 hours

There is a medium;. 40%,  chance of tropical development with this system as it moves ENE around 30kts 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, janetjanet998 said:

Tropical Weather Discussion

Statement as of 8:00 am EDT on June 15, 2019

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of mexico:

A well defined wave was located over MO this morning.  Satellite and surface obs suggest a surface low may be forming.  Outflow is good in all quads but restricted some on the west side.  Wind shear data from the University of Wisconsin suggest light to moderate wind shear of 10-20 kts over the system.  Joplin MO recently reported a substained wind of 25 kts gusting to 40 kts .  Models indicted this surface low will become better defined during the next  12 hours

There is a medium;. 40%,  chance of tropical development with this system as it moves ENE around 30kts 

lol, is that for real?

22 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

lol, is that for real?

No of course not, LOL

but you can bet if that was coming off the African coast it would be tagged.. 500mb temps are even a tad warmer then surrounding areas

there even seems to be an upper level high around NE OK helping to fan out the outflow and some models do indeed develop a full surface low as it moves into OH this evening

call it a Midwestern African wave :D

I have actually in the past seen big well developed MCS's sag into the Gulf and become invests though