• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Just missed 90 yesterday with a high of 89 (sun was in an out due to occasional high clouds) and watched storms miss me to the north and south literally by a few miles.  But those storms added some serious moisture into the air and the dp is up to 72 now and steaming up the windows.  Current temp is 73 with sunrise about 15 minutes away.

• Sad 1

Temp made it up to 90 here yesterday just after 3 pm and during our bbq, we could hear thunder rumbling continually off in the distance and it really clouded over significantly. But I had been looking at the radar and most of the storms were running NW --> SE through Delco (I was in Montco yesterday), with a few cells a bit north of us.  We never got any actual rain thankfully, although at one point it got pretty breezy as something must have been close by.

Currently 78 and overcast, which I guess is keeping the temps from shooting up quickly like they did yesterday (where it hit 86 here before 9 am), with dp 68.

2 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Temp made it up to 90 here yesterday just after 3 pm and during our bbq, we could hear thunder rumbling continually off in the distance and it really clouded over significantly. But I had been looking at the radar and most of the storms were running NW --> SE through Delco (I was in Montco yesterday), with a few cells a bit north of us.  We never got any actual rain thankfully, although at one point it got pretty breezy as something must have been close by.

Currently 78 and overcast, which I guess is keeping the temps from shooting up quickly like they did yesterday (where it hit 86 here before 9 am), with dp 68.

I spent the afternoon at my parents' near Oxford, and we got significant rain from about 4-6pm. The storms over Chester County seemed more or less stationary and were torrential. Afterwards it cooled to around 70°F but with near to 100% humidity; I set of a few fireworks early since my brother and sister-in-law had to leave early and I was completely drenched from the mere effort of walking back and forth across the lawn for ten minutes.

I don't want to seem alarmist, but I'm struggling to recall the last time it rained without thunder, lightening and flooding. It just doesn't seem to rain gently around here anymore...

That all said, it looks like another disgusting day outside with 79°F and 93% humidity as measured by my little remote station. Ugh.

1 hour ago, CoolHandMike said:

I spent the afternoon at my parents' near Oxford, and we got significant rain from about 4-6pm. The storms over Chester County seemed more or less stationary and were torrential. Afterwards it cooled to around 70°F but with near to 100% humidity; I set of a few fireworks early since my brother and sister-in-law had to leave early and I was completely drenched from the mere effort of walking back and forth across the lawn for ten minutes.

I don't want to seem alarmist, but I'm struggling to recall the last time it rained without thunder, lightening and flooding. It just doesn't seem to rain gently around here anymore...

That all said, it looks like another disgusting day outside with 79°F and 93% humidity as measured by my little remote station. Ugh.

What's lightning lol, wish I had that problem 

59 minutes ago, RedSky said:

and nothing here 

Got nothing here either. Watched a small line work its way from SW -> NE through the city and it fizzled into virga as it came into my neighborhood, with the bulk of what was left focused in Montco.

Didn't quite make it to 90 today (was 89) due to it being hazy and overcast most of the day and it is currently 79 and mostly cloudy with dp 68.