• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Had my 5th consecutive 90/90+ day yesterday but I think that may be it now for awhile. I ended up with an additional 0.10" of rain just after 11pm, on top of the 0.01" earlier, for a total of 0.11" for yesterday.  The earlier solid rain band from yesterday pretty much fizzled by the time it got here last evening.

The high here today so far was at midnight and was 74.  The front appeared to have started moving through here enough to start significantly dropping the temp/dews just after 5:30 am. It's currently overcast and 67 with dps in the upper 50s (down from the low 70s of earlier this morning).  Definitely a big difference compared to yesterday at this time when it was 86 - almost 20 degrees warmer!

6 hours ago, Snow88 said:

I thought today was supposed to be rain free? I guess my plans to PT Pleasant will be cancelled. 

Mostly sunny afternoon after a morning 30% shower....forecast

Cloudy stratified rainy day it completely missed the dart board and landed in the toilet

After the light round of rain that I had this morning, I ended up with 0.05" and the temp briefly dropped down to 65 not long after.  It's been drizzling on and off all afternoon but the temp recovered a bit (while the dps also edged up to the low 60s). It is currently 69 and overcast - a big difference from the 89 I had yesterday at this time!

Welp core summer is over. More summer days the next month of course but the meat of it is done(of course now that i said that some kind of heat from hells heart will manage to manifest and torch September lol)

It would be interesting if summer actually did end a little early after starting late with the core summer period of June 21-Aug 22 going in the books as a near all time torch for average temp.

Today's climate summary for the philly burbs of Western Chester County PA at East Nantmeal Hi/Lo 71.5/55.3 and at the KMQS Chester County Airport 73.4/57.2 our 3rd straight below normal day. We should make it to 6 straight days with highs in the 70's through Wednesday-enjoy! It would appear we are done with any 90+ days in the Western burbs and will end the season with only 2 days exceeding 90 in East Nantmeal and 4 at the KMQS Airport.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:46 PM, RedSky said:

Welp core summer is over. More summer days the next month of course but the meat of it is done(of course now that i said that some kind of heat from hells heart will manage to manifest and torch September lol)

It would be interesting if summer actually did end a little early after starting late with the core summer period of June 21-Aug 22 going in the books as a near all time torch for average temp.

At least we were entertained with T-Storms opportunities quite often. Otherwise, complete hell. 

After a cooler high of 75 yesterday with a delightful active breeze, I bottomed out at 58 this morning, much lower than previous mornings (maybe due to the breezes dropping off a bit overnight allowing for a little radiational cooling along with some CAA that had started yesterday afternoon).  After a sunny clear start of the day, am currently at 64 and overcast (marine layer all of a sudden?).

radar-zoom-08262019.png

The last 2 days here in Western Chester County PA have been the lowest daily max temps in the last 37 years for August 25th and August 26th.

Yesterday's high was 71.5 breaking the previous record low max of 72.5 in 2010 and today's high of only 69.2 broke the old record of 71.1 set back in 2006,

Today's AM low was 56.7 - nowhere near the record Western Chester County low of 49.0 back in 1987.

Appears the high here was 72 today - big big difference from a year ago on this date when the temp IMBY was 86, and rest of the week was characterized by upper 80s and low-mid 90s... And this occurring (of all times) when the Philly public schools foolishly experimented with starting school the week before Labor day and ended up with early dismissals most of that week due to the excessive heat (with few schools having any AC).

Currently 71 and mostly sunny.  Have been watching the track of TS Dorian in case it has any ideas of throwing any moisture up here.

3 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Appears the high here was 72 today - big big difference from a year ago on this date when the temp IMBY was 86, and rest of the week was characterized by upper 80s and low-mid 90s... And this occurring (of all times) when the Philly public schools foolishly experimented with starting school the week before Labor day and ended up with early dismissals most of that week due to the excessive heat (with few schools having any AC).

Currently 71 and mostly sunny.  Have been watching the track of TS Dorian in case it has any ideas of throwing any moisture up here.

The length of summer last year was unbearable it rolled into the third week of September.

Bottomed out at 59 this morning and have had on and off bouts of overcast or broken ceiling, with a brief period when the sun popped out for a bit earlier this morning.  Current temp is 66 and overcast.  And to add to the data being reported in the thread, I have so far had 17 days of 90 or above to date (Jun - Aug with no 90s here in May). 

Was looking at PHL data from here - http://www.climate.psu.edu/data/city_information/index.php?city=phl&page=dwa&type=big7

and for 90 and above, they list May with 1, June with 3, July with 15, and August with 8, for a total of 27 days (as of 8/26/19).