Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Today's Highs across Western Chester County ranged from 87.8 at KMQS and 86.2 in East Nantmeal....of course no heat wave in Western Chester County PA as neither location has seen a day above 90 degrees during this stretch.

Of interest of the 31 NWS/FAA sites across the Tri-State area of PA/NJ/DE only 12 sites or 39% of all such stations reported a heat wave with the last 3 days exceeding the 90 degree mark. While 13 sites saw 2 days over 90; 3 sites saw only 1 day over 90 and of course the old chilly standbys of Mount Pocono; Chester County Airport and East Nantmeal Township saw no such days. If it wasn't for the local news only using PHL airport would a report of a heat wave in the philly area constitute fake news?

The heat here hasn't been fake, and I don't live at the airport, nom sayn?

10 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

The heat here hasn't been fake, and I don't live at the airport, nom sayn?

Definitely not fake lol. Reading has reported 88, 92, 90 the past 3 days. The dews have definitely been lower than they were back during the heat of July however. Instead of high 70s dews, we got high 60s dews.

The 92 did end up being my high yesterday here in NW Philly.  It briefly dropped down to 84 as the storms moved south of me towards Jersey (had no rain here but heard that Manyunk got slammed), but then the temp recovered back up to 89 about an hour or so later.  The dews did drop down into the upper 60s (from the low 70s).  What was cool was the red sunset to remind me of RedSky (who was apparently getting nailed). :lol:

Currently 84 and sunny with a few wispy cirrus here and there.

As a sidenote - ever since last week, there have been almost non-stop cicadas going - from dawn to dusk.  It's been pretty jarring to say the least (at least in terms of the continuous droning of them).  The brood X that had hatched this year are way over in western PA but I'm guessing these are some 13-year type (not the red-eyed ones) that happened to be prolific this year.  I've been seeing an increased number of them flying around too.

2 hours ago, Newman said:

Definitely not fake lol. Reading has reported 88, 92, 90 the past 3 days. The dews have definitely been lower than they were back during the heat of July however. Instead of high 70s dews, we got high 60s dews.

But still not an official "heat wave" with 3 consecutive days....correct?

Here comes Norman, OK -

Severe Thunderstorm Watch

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 610
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
325 PM EDT WED AUG 21 2019

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 610 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM EDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

PAC001-011-017-025-029-043-045-071-075-077-089-091-095-101-107-
133-220200-
/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0610.190821T1925Z-190822T0200Z/

PA
.    PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

ADAMS                BERKS               BUCKS
CARBON               CHESTER             DAUPHIN
DELAWARE             LANCASTER           LEBANON
LEHIGH               MONROE              MONTGOMERY
NORTHAMPTON          PHILADELPHIA        SCHUYLKILL
YORK
$$

Climate summary for today in Western Chester County KMQS (87.8/69.8) EN (84.8/69.4) of course any dream of 90+ days for the rest of the season are over in Western Chesco but of note of the 31 Mt Holly NWS/FAA sites across PA/NJ/DE/MD all but 8 sites hit 90+ today including Andover/Sussex/TTN/Lehighton/MPO/KMQS/KPTW/KLOM                                                                         

On 8/19/2019 at 7:53 PM, RedSky said:

Who said no more 90's Boston hit 95F today

Just got back from New England.  Went out to plum island on my Uncle's boat via the Merricmack last fri.  Then up to Stowe, Vt to camp saturday and then downhill mtb bike at sugarbush sunday,, which was so sick. .  Then chilled in Mass mon with family and then I went solo down to Rhode island to camp and surf/skimboard tuesday and wed night. Just got home, surfed at Naragasett this morning!  :D

It stormed 2/3 nights I camped, the night in Stowe i set the tent up in the dark during a thunderstorm and last night a really heavy storm rolled through RI but I was luckily not in the tent at the time.  I've never seen so many bugs than at burlingame state park campgrounds in Southern RI, it was insane.