• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

The heaviest rain has now moved on to my northeast and so far got 0.59" out of it with the highest rain rate @ 2.55"/hr.  That knocked the temp back to an amazing 67 which may end up being my low for the day (overnight and early morning low was originally 71)!  Just getting a little light rain leftovers and the sky looks like it is clearing to my west.

19 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Just got in from a Dr.'s appt in Flourtown and there was light rain but the thunder and lightning was going pretty good.  As I pulled home the heavier rain was starting.  Currently have 0.14" on the gauge. with heavy rain.  The radar was all lit up!

radar-zoom9-08072019.png

Looks as though the main event energy has jumped to central NJ.  Quite a day. Edit: Need to include Philly area too, of course.

6 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Anybody else having the problem of this website slowing the browser down to 300 baud 1997 speed basically useless but it works just fine on the phone? All other websites are good so it's not my computer. Been like this for two weeks. 

I've been okay so far (I use Firefox latest version).  Could be a need-to-clear-cache thing (or if you use Firefox, sometimes you end up with a corrupted profile and need to create a new one).

3 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I've been okay so far (I use Firefox latest version).  Could be a need-to-clear-cache thing (or if you use Firefox, sometimes you end up with a corrupted profile and need to create a new one).

Only use chrome, firefox i find way too crashy

Not a cache thing but if i leave it on long enough it crashes

Just now, RedSky said:

Only use chrome, firefox i find way too crashy

Not a cache thing but if i leave it on long enough it crashes

Could be they made some tweaks to the site's code that Chrome doesn't like.  You could try a different browser to confirm either way (the phone probably uses the mobile version).

11 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Could be they made some tweaks to the site's code that Chrome doesn't like.  You could try a different browser to confirm either way (the phone probably uses the mobile version).

It does work normal on firefox give me a break lol

Had to pop out to the store while there was a bit of a lull and even though it's 70 it is steamy too.  Still getting some light rain and interestingly enough, still getting lightning (saw a few cloud-to-cloud bolts on the way back home) and getting the regular thunder as well. Am now up to 1.98" for the event so far.

Just now, Hurricane Agnes said:

Holy crap!  Just had a nearby thunderclap loud enough to set off someone's car alarm! :yikes:  Now up to 2.00" on the nose (so far).

'Tain't over till it's over.  Still rainy and thundery here near Princeton.  We're on the back end now, but lightning can still strike.  

And August is still less than 1 week old.