Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

What a mess in so MO co

No power....trees down ....debris all over. Winds were intense. IMO microburst......at least two maybe three...

Last one came from north......others were more south west

On gen.....roads are closed all over....rescues....accidents etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

No a/c until further notice lol oh the humanity

Yeah but gets nice out temperature wise! Just started raining here, moderate verging on heavy with lightning every couple of minutes (ctc). Current temp. is 73F....thoroughly enjoyable!

Sleep on your porch with some cutter nearby!

3 minutes ago, stemwinder said:

Enjoy the sounds of deep summer nights.

Here we have katydids, crickets, some frogs, some light rain at the moment, and an occasional distant rumble of thunder. Doesn't get much better! And when I'm not staring at a white screen of text, a few lightning bugs :-).

:)

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Here we have katydids, crickets, some frogs, some light rain at the moment, and an occasional distant rumble of thunder. Doesn't get much better! And when I'm not staring at a white screen of text, a few lightning bugs :-).

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

No a/c until further notice lol oh the humanity

Enjoy the sounds of deep summer nights.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Wow 80mph gusts, I've really missed out on the action these past two days. 

Spoke too soon, storms training over the area. It was almost what I imagine a microburst would be like but there was no wind when I went down to look.  The raindrops were coming down completely straight but there was also sheets of finer drops coming down with it.  Torrential rain though. I'm not sure but there must have been some wind before it but I didnt hear any creaks from the house so it couldnt have been anything strong like earlier. Also no lightning. Pretty sure a broader cell is moving into the area after the first one. 

And my damn cat, Spoon, is out.  But shes from north philly so she'll be alright. 

54 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Saw that this formed last night I believe. 

083757_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Yeah I have been watching that and was concerned about whether that could come up the coast and exasperate the rain, especially with the trough coming into place.  I would suppose the track will really depend on how sharp the trough gets (where the axis sets up) or whether it manages to get cut off and sits and spins somewhere.

As a rain update, I picked up another 1/4" since my last post for a total this morning of 0.63" (and a 2-day total of 1.24").  Currently drizzle and mist with temp 68 and dp 68, steaming up the windows.