Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Big news it has happened! The icy landscape here ascending the Welsh Mountain anticline is melting we have hit 90.8 at 11:46am - high heat index so far 108.

Our 1st 90+ day in NW Chesco above 650ft since July 3 last year. Chester County PA record high for today is 95 above 650 ft set back in 1991 and the all-time Chesco record all elevations is the 99.0 set back in 1930

Impressive. 

Today is our 9th 90+ day in Exton. About 430’. 94 is the highest we’ve been this summer. 

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

Think cool - August like this would be great

augustdream.png

I read somewhere that the current +PDO could lead to a nice August. Of course, it's never wise to put all your eggs into one teleconnection's basket. And while it might be a pleasant August for the nation at large, I'm sure the +AMO will throw a wrench into things for us on the coastal plain.

• Like 1

Just now, KamuSnow said:

Wow, big jump! 82 here, DP 76. Low was 76. Really looking forward to some changes starting tomorrow.

Not long after I posted it went to 88.  We are pretty densely built around here, although I am right near some woods. Even across the line in the Springfield/Plymouth-Whitemarsh/Chelthenham township areas, the readings are in the mid-upper 80s.

Ack.  Now 91 with dp 74.  Still running a couple degrees warmer today than this time yesterday.  Was outside looking at the sudden explosion of monarch caterpillar babies on my new milkweed plants and could feel the burning sun, although not yet with the thick humidity that I felt last week with the obscene dews here on July 6th.

2 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Ack.  Now 91 with dp 74.  Still running a couple degrees warmer today than this time yesterday.  Was outside looking at the sudden explosion of monarch caterpillar babies on my new milkweed plants and could feel the burning sun, although not yet with the thick humidity that I felt last week with the obscene dews here on July 6th.

Nice regarding the monarchs! Got milkweed here too, planted some seeds about 3 years ago, and it's doing great, lol. The flowers this year had a nice scent. Been seeing a couple of monarchs but haven't checked for caterpillars recently - I'll have to do that!

17 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Nice regarding the monarchs! Got milkweed here too, planted some seeds about 3 years ago, and it's doing great, lol. The flowers this year had a nice scent. Been seeing a couple of monarchs but haven't checked for caterpillars recently - I'll have to do that!

I just started growing milkweed (one swamp milkweed plant with 6 stems) for them a couple years ago and this year that swamp milkweed is just about established and has had some great blooms this year. I bought another young swamp milkweed (the white-flowered "Ice Ballet") and a young common milkweed this year and all 3 have all kinds of babies on them just munching. lol   This is the earliest I have actually spotted the caterpillars too (past couple years I didn't see any on my orignal plant until August).

And I just hit 96 here.  Looks like I might surpass my 97 high from yesterday.  One big difference between yesterday and today is that today, the clouds are gone. Just hazy blue sky!

37 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I just started growing milkweed (one swamp milkweed plant with 6 stems) for them a couple years ago and this year that swamp milkweed is just about established and has had some great blooms this year. I bought another young swamp milkweed (the white-flowered "Ice Ballet") and a young common milkweed this year and all 3 have all kinds of babies on them just munching. lol   This is the earliest I have actually spotted the caterpillars too (past couple years I didn't see any on my orignal plant until August).

And I just hit 96 here.  Looks like I might surpass my 97 high from yesterday.  One big difference between yesterday and today is that today, the clouds are gone. Just hazy blue sky!

Nice! It's 91 here with a dewpoint of 79, and not a cloud in the sky. 

• Like 1