• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Sorry I was traveling out to the left coast this week but incredibly still no 90+ days here in the glacier zone above 650ft - Today was indeed the hottest day of the year in NW Chester County with a high of 89.0 at both 1215pm and 5pm this evening. Of course the PHL heat island hit 95 today their 15th time this year. Very optimistic that tomorrow we finally break the 90 degree mark for the first time in over 1 calendar year. Our last 90+ day here in East Nantmeal Twp was on July 3, 2018 when it hit 92.3.

Those betting on 90+ days me thinks the next 3 days are the only shot this year.....wish me luck!!

2 hours ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Sorry I was traveling out to the left coast this week but incredibly still no 90+ days here in the glacier zone above 650ft - Today was indeed the hottest day of the year in NW Chester County with a high of 89.0 at both 1215pm and 5pm this evening. Of course the PHL heat island hit 95 today their 15th time this year. Very optimistic that tomorrow we finally break the 90 degree mark for the first time in over 1 calendar year. Our last 90+ day here in East Nantmeal Twp was on July 3, 2018 when it hit 92.3.

Those betting on 90+ days me thinks the next 3 days are the only shot this year.....wish me luck!!

I wish us all luck! Although you have a better shot at that, obviously.....

I worked 18 hrs friday and feel like a zombie, all I know is I'm sitting my ass in a beach chair tomorrow with a cold beer and I'm frying :sun: 

But for real I think im gonna head to the beach again this weekend to beat the heat!  Surfs up too, with an offshore wind likely because of heat differences between land/ocean.  When I was in Florida the other week the heat index was 118 on the day I went to the St. Pete skatepark at 1 pm (all white concrete which reflects the sun back at you).  Not the best idea, but if i was able to handle that, I think we'll be alright!  That was the same day with the super strong thunderstorms and mammatus clouds in the afternoon. Just drink plenty of water and keep your pets inside!

Looks like my low may have been 77 this morning because I'm now up to 79.  Oddly (or maybe not) the dp is only 70.  Could be the heat evaporated much of the little bit of rain that hit the ground here (most of the heaviest rain missed here twice) so the usual light fog is not out there IMBY.  About 5 minutes to sunrise on this 50th anniversary of the moon landing (I was 7 at the time and had been in bed and told to come downstairs to watch when the first steps happened :D).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

85 at 8am and 86 at 8:05 and rising... with dp 70.  Since my area missed the heavy rains, I gave some of my cool-loving plants (lilacs) a quick soak earlier this morning to get through the next couple days before the progged rain.

Wow, it's dry there! DP here is 76, current temp is 83F. Must be a little drier here too since the windows weren't steamed up this morning. I call it the Agnes steamed window index, lol.

10 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Wow, it's dry there! DP here is 76, current temp is 83F. Must be a little drier here too since the windows weren't steamed up this morning. I call it the Agnes steamed window index, lol.

LOL Yeah.  I can feel the difference.  I was just outside and other than finally acclimating to it some, it didn't take my breath away... yet. :lol:  I think Delco got that heavy rain (my sis sure did) but it pretty much just spritzed here in comparison (total for 2 days was just under 1/3rd").

Big news it has happened! The icy landscape here ascending the Welsh Mountain anticline is melting we have hit 90.8 at 11:46am - high heat index so far 108.

Our 1st 90+ day in NW Chesco above 650ft since July 3 last year. Chester County PA record high for today is 95 above 650 ft set back in 1991 and the all-time Chesco record all elevations is the 99.0 set back in 1930

1 minute ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Big news it has happened! The icy landscape here ascending the Welsh Mountain anticline is melting we have hit 90.8 at 11:46am - high heat index so far 108.

Our 1st 90+ day in NW Chesco above 650ft since July 3 last year. Chester County PA record high for today is 95 above 650 ft set back in 1991 and the all-time Chesco record all elevations is the 99.0 set back in 1930

I figured you did finally get there. Was about to post that it hit 95 about 10 minutes ago where I am with dp of 72 and HI of 103.  Still getting a light breeze mixing it up around this area.