Humidity 88%
Wind Speed S 6 mph
Barometer 29.89 in (1012.2 mb)
Dewpoint 78°F (26°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Heat Index 91°F (33°C)

18 Jul 9:51 am EDT

Gross out there.   Betting RH will go over 90% later

Disgusting.  Relative humidity will only drop as the day warms.  

The sun came out faster here than I expected although it has been in and out this morning.  It's up to 88 here with dp 74 (heat index is 96) and overcast.  I see a series of broke lines moving this way from the west and southwest so will be interesting to see how much they stay together or whether I get bullseyed by any individual cells.

• Like 1

Hearing all kinds of thunder from that cell that has been moving through eastern Delco across into West Philly about 7 miles to my south.  My sis in Upper Darby had texted that they were having a "super thunderstorm" and pouring rain.  This is the thing making a lot of noise all the way up here (sitting right over north central  Philly)!  Here the temp is down to 84 due to the overcast and a little rain (not enough to tip the bucket).  But the dp is up to 76.

radar-zoom8-07182019.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Hearing all kinds of thunder from that cell that has been moving through eastern Delco across into West Philly about 7 miles to my south.  My sis in Upper Darby had texted that they were having a "super thunderstorm" and pouring rain.  This is the thing making a lot of noise all the way up here (sitting right over north central  Philly)!  Here the temp is down to 84 due to the overcast and a little rain (not enough to tip the bucket).  But the dp is up to 76.

radar-zoom8-07182019.png

We're driving through this or whatever was behind it now on 95 near Trenton and levittown.  Vis was down to under 100ft a few mins ago. 

20190718_152824.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

We're driving through this or whatever was behind it now on 95 near Trenton and levittown.  Vis was down to under 100ft a few mins ago. 

20190718_152824.jpg

I got missed by that round but the temp eventually dropped down to 80 about 45 minutes ago but is creeping back up again and now at 83. Dp did drop as well and is down to 70 (if you can consider that a "drop" although it was mid-70s earlier so I suppose it is.... :lol:).  There's another broken line coming this way so will see if it back builds and holds together or breaks up and goes around me again.

Sun is starting to peep out here.  The heavy rain missed this area but I picked up an additional 0.05" for a grand total of 0.07" for the day.  The heavier blip went south of me and certainly caused a whole lot of racket (didn't see any lightning but heard quite a bit of thunder) and the follow-up smaller blip broke up and fizzled as it came over me.  It did knock the temp down quite a bit as it's currently 77, but the dp is a steamy 76 (heat index 83), and it's partly sunny.

• Like 1

It's a strange summer -- I'm under an excessive heat warning, yet have mushrooms popping up in the yard from all the rain. Wonder how high temps would have climbed this weekend if it had been a dry summer with the ground baked solid?

Heard my first katydids last night, we're in deep summer now.

7 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

It's a strange summer -- I'm under an excessive heat warning, yet have mushrooms popping up in the yard from all the rain. Wonder how high temps would have climbed this weekend if it had been a dry summer with the ground baked solid?

Heard my first katydids last night, we're in deep summer now.

Heard katydids last night too.  Deep summer is right.  Strange is certainly right.

Yesterday was the closest it's been to being in a wet, tropical hothouse. Everything dripping and warm.  

Just hit 93 here with a dp of 74 and heat index at 102.  Had to go out earlier today and it was getting rough out there. There's been a good amount of cumulus clouds to occasionally block the sun, so that may slow the speed of the temp ramp up a bit.  I expect the asphalt roads will start to soften by this weekend though.