Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

35 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

FWIW since I'm still playing with the program but here is the SRV from GR2Analyst & the nrot view as well  (zoomed to also show the TOR)...

kdix_20190717_2239_SRV_0.5.png

kdix_20190717_2239_NROT_0.5.png

What's interesting is that the line is less than 8 miles from here and only now am starting to hear some faint rumbles of thunder.

2 minutes ago, Lady Di said:

Huge downfall of living in an older unit is having to turn off my 220v -18000btu window unit as we only have 60 amp service here. Trying not to blow that when we’re getting intermittent surges.   I turned it off.  Yikes!  

We used to have one of those 220V behemoths at work (old building) before they put in the (useless) retro-fitted cooling towers & chillers (that were totally unbalanced).

Temp here is 89 and it is getting dark already.  That line looks like it means business!

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

What's interesting is that the line is less than 8 miles from here and only now am starting to hear some faint rumbles of thunder.

It has been moving pretty slowly (in a relative sense) which could prolong the rain amounts (have been shifting between 2 laptops with the 2 GR programs). 

radar-zoom3-07172019.png

9 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

We used to have one of those 220V behemoths at work (old building) before they put in the (useless) retro-fitted cooling towers & chillers (that were totally unbalanced).

Temp here is 89 and it is getting dark already.  That line looks like it means business!

Storm fizzled here.  It was intense coming in though. Thank you so much for your radar shoots.  Line will hopefully not hit you too hard.   

6 minutes ago, Lady Di said:

Storm fizzled here.  It was intense coming in though. Thank you so much for your radar shoots.  Line will hopefully not hit you too hard.   

Same thing here, the gust front had most of the wind, less than a quarter inch of rain so far. Momentarily has made it a little more comfortable outside.

31 minutes ago, Lady Di said:

Huge downfall of living in an older unit is having to turn off my 220v -18000btu window unit as we only have 60 amp service here. Trying not to blow that when we’re getting intermittent surges.   I turned it off.  Yikes!  

Kramer's Commando 5000 eh

• Haha 1

Still no measurable rain here.  It sortof scooted around us here where I am in NW Philly.  The temp is down to 80 but the dews are still in the low 70s so what moisture did fall from the sky is keeping it juiced up.  Still getting occasional thunder and lightning.

ETA - finally got enough to tip the bucket to 0.01" & temp down to 78.

Wow that was a crazy storm. Driving back to Allaire from Brielle and it was like the movies twister. Debris flying past from what seemed every direction. Trees falling....large branches flying....lightning was insane. The entire way through Wall there were explosions from transformers popping. The blue green light was blinding.

The rain forced me to stop a few times due to visibility, but standing still was also not a good option.

There was no power on until we crossed over the GSP.....and no sooner we saw a few more blue flashes close by which made it all dark.

Finally home....our small area still has power. Everything around the hill is dark. Strange.

Been some time since I was caught driving in severe storms. It is exhilarating.

Be safe all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3