• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Poured at the jobsite here near York at some point, I was busy all day so I didnt get to check outside or radar much but I snapped this picture around 6:15pm.  Pretty sweet clouds ripping off the top of that mountain.  Not sure how much rain I got but JPs report of 4" in exton says I got a decent bit. 

20190711_183754.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RedSky said:

We didn't get these humidity breaks last July 

12 hours ago, RedSky said:

The big heat signal for late next week has collapsed, 2018 this is not.

I don't think this year has been that bad. (heat humidity) Plus, we had some nice rounds of rain/storms.

Birds training camp to start shortly, August is approaching, shorter days and critters have started to crank their tunes. Before you know it the winter predictions will begin to pop up. For now, no 95+ temps (no week+ long heat waves) and our fair share of T- Storm chances...not too shabby.  

Barry now upgraded to a hurricane with the latest advisory (just posting summary of it with position) -

WTNT32 KNHC 131454
TCPAT2

BULLETIN
Hurricane Barry Advisory Number  13
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL       AL022019
1000 AM CDT Sat Jul 13 2019

...BARRY BECOMES A HURRICANE AS IT IS MOVING ONTO THE LOUISIANA
COAST...
...DANGEROUS STORM SURGE, HEAVY RAINS, AND WIND CONDITIONS
OCCURRING ACROSS THE NORTH-CENTRAL GULF COAST...

SUMMARY OF 1000 AM CDT...1500 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...29.6N 92.0W
ABOUT 40 MI...65 KM S OF LAFAYETTE LOUISIANA
ABOUT 50 MI...80 KM W OF MORGAN CITY LOUISIANA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...75 MPH...120 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 310 DEGREES AT 6 MPH...9 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...993 MB...29.33 INCHES

Meanwhile, current temp here is 82 with dp that has been slowly rising this morning (up to 67).  Yesterday had a high of 88 with dews in the low 60s and a breeze, so pretty nice.

Made it to 90 yesterday and by that late afternoon, it was blast-furnace feeling as the dews were creeping up ahead of the front.  Different story this morning with the dp @ 56 and current temp at 71.

12 hours ago, RedSky said:

Already 10th place on hottest July and now the GFS forecast is 91, 95, 96, 94, 102, 103, 103, 104, 100, 93

Bam like that this July will easily be hotter than last

I did a search for past data for PHL and apparently the last time we hit ("official") triple digits in the city was 7/7/2012 (101), so it has been awhile.  Seems that whenever we have antecedent wet periods, it takes really sustained high temps to dry the surface enough to get to a triple digit high.

6 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Made it to 90 yesterday and by that late afternoon, it was blast-furnace feeling as the dews were creeping up ahead of the front.  Different story this morning with the dp @ 56 and current temp at 71.

I did a search for past data for PHL and apparently the last time we hit ("official") triple digits in the city was 7/7/2012 (101), so it has been awhile.  Seems that whenever we have antecedent wet periods, it takes really sustained high temps to dry the surface enough to get to a triple digit high.

Yeah yesterday was suppose to be the most comfortable going off the Friday forecasts but ended up hotter.