• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

Um. There was some sketchy looking lowering of the clouds going on here in Jersey City about 5 minutes ago. Checking the TDWR radar out of Newark, maybe some broad rotation? Don't know but it definitely looked sketchy.

I grabbed this image via the NY harbor EarthCam. Sorry for the horrible quality.

Screenshot_2019-06-21-08-03-29-1.thumb.png.d94bf7d5f3fa784e328bef2194db706c.png

Looks like it's just a lowering you typically see in stronger thunderstorms

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SRRTA22 said:

Um. There was some sketchy looking lowering of the clouds going on here in Jersey City about 5 minutes ago. Checking the TDWR radar out of Newark, maybe some broad rotation? Don't know but it definitely looked sketchy.

I grabbed this image via the NY harbor EarthCam. Sorry for the horrible quality.

Screenshot_2019-06-21-08-03-29-1.png

Looks like it was taken in 1975

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just when you thought that this -NAO couldn’t get more extreme.

https://mobile.twitter.com/burgwx/status/1141897233178255361

The ongoing cyclogenesis over the NE US will have major ramifications downstream. NATL waveguide becomes highly meridional w/ record high 500mb heights downstream of a rex block S of Iceland. Resulting sensible impact is a widespread heat wave across Western Europe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ForestHillWx said:

Rain, heavy at times. Property is starting to get that water-logged look. 

Starting to? I've been waterlogged here for a long time already.

2 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It’s brutal and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it! Also, major mushrooms everywhere 

Mold, mildew, all sorts of mushrooms and sh*t is growing like crazy. I have weeds 6 feet tall in the back of the yard that i can't get to easily.

That heavy rain you guys are seeing sounds like what I saw in VT yesterday. So heavy it was floating sewer caps out and leaving holes open and creeks were flowing across rather than underneath roads.

Really remarkable just how persistently cloudy and/or rainy it’s been since early 2018 with very little let-up. Bluewave posted several items like Islip LI beating Seattle’s longest consecutive days with precip (33 straight days I believe ending May 8)

What a rotten and horrible stretch.