Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 27-29 Severe Potential

janetjanet998

Just now, SmokeEater said:

I don't see how this didn't kill people guys, every bit I'm seeing is EF3+. Speculative of course, but still...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The signature is the worst I’ve seen in a heavily populated area since Moore. Very likely this was at least EF4

1 minute ago, nwohweather said:

Yeah this thing may very well dwarf Joplin. We're talking about 800,000 person metro area that it sliced completely through at 11 PM with a 60 DBZ debris ball

Let's be reasonable on both sides here.  It was very likely a strong-violent tornado, but nighttime complicates getting the full picture.  

This is going to sound strange, but we will know more when we know more.

• Like 6

Just now, Hoosier said:

Let's be reasonable on both sides here.  It was very likely a strong-violent tornado, but nighttime complicates getting the full picture.  

Truth, Jefferson City seemed worse at first too, but this was much more impressive overall.

Just now, Hoosier said:

Agreed I'm just going off of the fact I know that area fairly well. Very densely populated

• Like 1

Got out of my lawn chair and tried to get on the central Madison county storm, too little too late.  Some pretty significant damage East and again just north of Anderson IN.  Roads blocked by police.  There was a really strong OFB from the storms N of 26 around Kokomo that rapidly worked its way SE and intersected several cells moving in from the SW.  Ran into several small rotating wall clouds that were there and gone.  Quarter size hail SE of Alexandria cracked my freakin windshield shoulda stayed home.  Hope evryone stays safe, that was the dumbest chase ever on my part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chased the sup that formed near the QC and followed it all the way to Paw Paw where it finally produced a very brief tor.  We only caught a brief glimpse of it as it was lifting, as we were in a pretty tree-filled area.  

The sup in it's early stage out near the QC

And the very wussy Paw Paw tor barely visible around the 10 sec mark on the left side of the screen.  Don't blink you'll miss it.

• Like 2

I would fully expect to see significant damage similar to or worse than that picture from Celina, OH with large housing debris scattered all over the roadway by morning. You don’t see CC drops all the way to 20,000 feet very often.