Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

10 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Actually yeah for Saturday there does seem to be some hints of an EML plume out across PA.

One thing I have noticed though (at least here in the Northeast) is these point-and-click soundings have been generating excessively high dewpoints which of course with lapse rates > 7 and Td's well into the 70's is going to spit out crazy CAPE.

zactly!

so taken with a grain of salt ...   

i think the EML "threshold" is probably different here than over west Texas...where the change in elevation makes the dry-line very shallow and the CIN/desert heat starts like right off the deck.. But as we move east and the bottom drops away ( ...so to speak ) you get deeper BL build up of heat/theta-e homogenation, so the EML need to be "thicker" to be the cap - 

heh, folks into convective weather types know this but... you want the EML to limit/suppress early bloomers because that allows the sun to really charge that layer below... such that underrunning jetlets and/or veering due to topographical features underneath a CIN breach wipes "Monsons" off the face of the planet. 

Remember that movie, "King Pin" ?  "...I'd sure hate get 'Monson'ed ...' 

Anyway, not that we'd actually want to see that happen of course. 

This has the look ( so far ) as orangey cauliflower heads over the hilly terrain by 11:15 am when peering NW from a eastern MA

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

Total of exactly 1.00" by 7 this morning, though nearly all came 6:30-11 last evening with a few fairly heavy bursts.  Month's total now 4.56" and my average thru 6/26 is 4.54".  Had enough early sun yesterday to reach 70 after a chilly 41, making the day 8° BM.  Guessing June finishes about 2° under my 21-year average; have not had an AN month since Sept (nor a lightning strike within 5 miles of home since August.)

heading into peak climo in 3 weeks or so

Peak climo here is more of a lengthy plateau - average daily mean rises to 65.0° on July 9 and remains 65+ thru August 9 without ever quite reaching 66.  Warmest day (at present) is July 29 at 65.94°, but that could shift a few days pending this year's temps.

0.73" here yesterday,  and 7"+ for June, There will be no drought talk up here this year.

NAM/GFS MOS both ticked warmer on the 12z cycle ... BDL is 90/90/90 starting tomorrow ...   FIT is 89/89/89...  

could be an 89.5'er type heat wave for the interior.   

Logan seems to be waffling run-to-run with the wind direction off the harbor or wobbling flags from out of Cambridge... it's worth 10 F floppage in either direction - I'm not seeing any abvious BDing so it may be a deal where < 10 miles inland. SFC pp is sort of COL-like so sbreezes are a bet

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

GYX is at 5.6”, Figures I jack on rain.

Thru May I'm pat 19.89" for the year, 1.93" AN, but w/o January I'm 0/32" BN and June should finish at or slightly below its average.  Lots of cloudy wet days but not many of the deluges others have received, at least not until the past 7 days which brought nearly 3".  Didn't make much difference in the Sandy River, as the trees are in full force sucking water from the soil - need 3-4" to have much impact on 4th-order watercourses this time of year.

Just hit 80F.   First 80F of 2019.   

We're tied - we had 82 on 6/10, but haven't gotten any closer than 76 before and after that, and have yet to have a daily mean warmer than 64.5 (82/47) so no CDDs.  Maybe Friday.

i thought the Euro's overall complexion was a tick lower than the 00z ... still overall, a warm look.

either way, it underscores the fragility of that warmth getting this far NE ... I'd say the western OV is the cut-off for higher confidence and anything E of there at our latitude is, to employ a cliche, controlled by butterflies in that look. 

but I suppose the take away is the two-cycle continuity for a exiting Maritime backing - that's been crippling warm enthusiasts...   Even though it hasn't exactly been that cool per se. anyway, it could certainly evolve to more, or less.  

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

i thought the Euro's overall complexion was a tick lower than the 00z ... still overall, a warm look.

either way, it underscores the fragility of that warmth getting this far NE ... I'd say the western OV is the cut-off for higher confidence and anything E of there at our latitude is, to employ a cliche, controlled by butterflies in that look. 

but I suppose the take away is the two-cycle continuity for a exiting Maritime backing - that's been crippling warm enthusiasts...   Even though it hasn't exactly been that cool per se. anyway, it could certainly evolve to more, or less.  

That was my take. A little bit of a gradient look still from SW to NE with that hemorrhoidal trough still lurking in some way, shape, or form to our NE. Maybe warm to borderline hot at times with average dews?