Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

22 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Did you bring the hair gel? Could get nasty later and you want to keep it all in place.

Actually I was just about to complain. These weather changes are horrific for the hair. It’s been brutal. The style comes un-styled. I typically increase the amount of gel during the higher humidity and I’m quite good at compensating for this, but these brutal daily weather changes confuse the hair and they don’t like to stay in the same position. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I think it was about this time last year that the GFS started printing out like 29C 850s and 110+ surface temps in the mid-range. A fail in that regard, but still an epic heatwave. 

Not quite 29C, but GFS of yore. 

6CC2A992-D4FF-4459-ADA0-62A85B4A635D.jpeg

78AFC4B3-1CAD-4532-9094-2EAAF0366C2B.jpeg

554718F9-8899-485A-B796-047936D90300.jpeg

A25A6F10-114D-4F91-8D45-42D31F5A0E9A.jpeg

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Actually I was just about to complain. These weather changes are horrific for the hair. It’s been brutal. The style comes un-styled. I typically increase the amount of gel during the higher humidity and I’m quite good at compensating for this, but these brutal daily weather changes confuse the hair and they don’t like to stay in the same position. 

Cut it short, come to my house I’ll give you a nice tight fade. You’ll never have to bring gel in your fanny pack ever again.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

77/68.

59/57 at the nearby PWS. 

Below normal June continues.  There's been a smattering of these types of days this month, mixed in with those glorious 70-80F low dew sunshine days.

Still only 2 days this month were above normal in the departures.  Even as nice as the last 3-4 days were, they were -1 and -2s.

The highest I personally observed of the temperatures that maxed out through that ordeal during the first week of July 2018 was 97 one afternoon ... otherwise, 93 to 95 were more common.  

I don't know what others observed ... or what there personal Davis'/obs stationed recorded for that journey .. but that's what I observed around my town and of NWS ..  Some 10 to 15 F less than those 2-meter GFS numbers, albeit with unusually high DP, verified more commonly.  At one point I think I recall seeing 96/76 contributing the maximum HI.  At our latitude, it gets hard to exceed that temperature at that water vapor metric.  Typically... our 102's happen at/< 70 

People will always have those apocalypse charts on their phones and/or desktops ...whatever it is they used to access the web, and will occasionally bleed them out as though that really happened... but, no ... ( just in case anyone thinks it did ).  heh.. .yeah the GFS of old had a pretty bad psuedo-adiabatic handling in the BL for whatever reason - we'll see if this recently promoted FV3 inherited the same issues. 

----- 

seems to me we are destined to a perfect summer.  Not too cold. Not too hot.   ...though obviously that includes times where it may be annoyingly cool or very warm, notwithstanding.  Just in general.  Looking over June, it hasn't been bad from a sensible perspective alone - though taken with a grain' ..this is my personal druthers talking.  We've been parsing out these top 20 if not top 10 days with nearly ideal intervals of beneficial, non-flooding rains of sufficient proportions for pan-systemic hydro needs, top and bottom... And if that seeming  "weather modification net" forced timing were not enough, the rain happens during the week when many are heads down at work anyway. In fact, the rain days have either been at night, or... tending to clear at 4 to 6 pm ... it's like weirdly perfect.   

Anyway, just watching the Euro the last .... three weeks, when the flow is amplified... NW trajectory out of eastern Canada.  When the flow relaxes... NW trajectory out of eastern Canada... When the pattern changes... NW trajectory out of eastern Canada...  God decides to end the cosmos and reality as we know it...  he can't stop the f'ing NW trajectory out of eastern Canada.  It's really been remarkable.. but the gist is, no matter what happens or what patter variation set in ...we WILL BE plagued be  ... you guessed it, a NW trajectory out of eastern Canada.  Europe swelters in another along the increasing frequency in recent decades of death heat waves ... NW trajectory out of eastern Canada.  

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

59/57 at the nearby PWS. 

Below normal June continues.  There's been a smattering of these types of days this month, mixed in with those glorious 70-80F low dew sunshine days.

Still only 2 days this month were above normal in the departures.  Even as nice as the last 3-4 days were, they were -1 and -2s.

About 1/3 of the days have had a + departure if I use PVD, with +7 being the worst and that was earlier in the month.

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

59/57 at the nearby PWS. 

The reason you’re getting cold rains all the time is directly due to your cool dry dew days. Sun out fine, but you’re so far north that you’re never sectoring due to the dry air masses . So when the precip and clouds come in in cold side, you’re left with cold hellish summer days . So the dry dews are really hurting you . Your’re robbing Peter to pay Paul. 

17 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

wtf?

dewpoint pooling? That's pretty insane 

I know I've brought this up in the past but ...those who are serious about atmospheric phenomenon and the general sphere of Meteorological Sciences ( and the concomitant flop-over into climate ) really should be aware that elevating DP is a phenomenon both consistent with observations globally, but also theoretically expected in global warming...

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

I know I've brought this up in the past but ...those who are serious about atmospheric phenomenon and the general sphere of Meteorological Sciences ( and the concomitant flop-over into climate ) really should be aware that elevating DP is a phenomenon both consistent with observations globally, but also theoretically expected in global warming...

I wouldn't be surprised if within the next decade dewpoints of around 80...maybe 8-82 become a bit more "common" around these parts during the summer at times. I feel like it used to be tough to smack out dews of 73-74 here...now it seems to become more common...idk. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I wouldn't be surprised if within the next decade dewpoints of around 80...maybe 8-82 become a bit more "common" around these parts during the summer at times. I feel like it used to be tough to smack out dews of 73-74 here...now it seems to become more common...idk. 

There are already peer reviewed materials available to periodicals and even paraphrased if folks care to look... for free, that elucidate the increased in elevated DPs actually happening. 

It's a single data point?  granted.  But, that old narrative about a single point doesn't make the climate is a cozy hide-behind that doesn't face that fact that the climate makes such a point more likely to occur ;)  ... ( Not you , per se.. I'm just sick of hearing the assholes say the former strategically) 

Anyway... I'm not so sure 80 is more or less common without the solar input.  That's gonna be tougher at 40 N and above.  But what is likely to occur more and more... DPs > 70 in general..but also, more cloudiness.