Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

On 6/23/2019 at 10:06 PM, dendrite said:

The Woodford RAWS was 75° today...so 3° higher than your 72°. They hit 92° on 7/22/2011 so maybe that would’ve been 87-89° at your place? 90° has to be damn near impossible.

They seem to be a little warmer quite often on sunny days. I wonder if the FARS in my Davis VP2 is responsible for the lower readings? 

In general I have smaller diurnal ranges than Woodford though as they will radiate a little better. 

I doubt we are going to get any big heat in here (and let's define big heat as 90+...so heat wave material) anytime soon. The core of the hottest airmass remains far over the SW and every time some pieces of heat try to break off they just become modified over the central part of the country. I think part of the issue is just how convectively active it has been/will be over the central part of the country. The circulation to our north too continues to favor lower heights just north of us. I'm just hoping the pattern just relaxes slightly and we can at least get a more favorable look for convection. 

The office is a frustrating thermostat place, eh?

We have older a/c system. It needs to get a head start to stay even remotely cool. People come in early in morning and are 'cold'. Turn off the air, and it's 77 degrees by the afternoon and I have incurable swamp ass. Going to start coming in with shorts on lol.

I've seen the articles but now I understand fully lol

28 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

The office is a frustrating thermostat place, eh?

We have older a/c system. It needs to get a head start to stay even remotely cool. People come in early in morning and are 'cold'. Turn off the air, and it's 77 degrees by the afternoon and I have incurable swamp ass. Going to start coming in with shorts on lol.

I've seen the articles but now I understand fully lol

Before I retired I ran a huge facility with 100 plus employees.  Most Women like it warm most men cold, people who perform physical duties like it cold, people in cubicles warm. Try to please all, impossible.  My inbox and phone message were filled if I took days off with warm cold complaints.  I got used to it and often would write/call back to the person and said I warmed or cooled off their space when in fact I did nothing.  I could see and control all 213 space temps. Hours later I would write/ call back and ask, 9 times out of 10 they would say its fine now. Human nature is a funny thing.

• Haha 3

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Before I retired I ran a huge facility with 100 plus employees.  Most Women like it warm most men cold, people who perform physical duties like it cold, people in cubicles warm. Try to please all, impossible.  My inbox and phone message were filled if I took days off with warm cold complaints.  I got used to it and often would write/call back to the person and said I warmed or cooled off their space when in fact I did nothing.  I could see all 213 space temps. Hours later I would write/ call back and ask, 9 times out of 10 they would say its fine now. Human nature is a funny thing.

Oi vey....

I guess my take is.. I can't take my clothes off to cool down, but you can wear a sweater to warm up...

20 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Days of Yore?

Summers were mostly warm but dry growing up in CNJ. Grass turned brown by mid July. This reminds me of those days whenever the dews are at bay. When they are here to stay, it ruins our way.....of life.

2 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Oi vey....

I guess my take is.. I can't take my clothes off to cool down, but you can wear a sweater to warm up...

Well, theoretically, you could take em all off but it still may not be enough and Tiny at county would be licking his chops. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Summers were mostly warm but dry growing up in CNJ. Grass turned brown by mid July. This reminds me of those days whenever the dews are at bay. When they are here to stay, it ruins our way.....of life.

Well, theoretically, you could take em all off but it still may not be enough and Tiny at county would be licking his chops. 

:lol:

Was in your town all weekend. Looks beautiful all greened up.