Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,515
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
    Joined
weatherwiz

June 2019 Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

Run of the mill...

Is it oppressive ? No. But dews in mid 60’s is moist . The oppressive stuff seems like it holds off till last week of month into July 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late Wed and Thurs will be more humid with dews maybe near 70 on Thursday. But today they will drop into the 50s. It just isn't a summer look yet. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Is it oppressive ? No. But dews in mid 60’s is moist . The oppressive stuff seems like it holds off till last week of month into July 

Ah ha...so you finally admit it’s oppressive and not enjoyable. Doesn’t it feel great to be honest with yourself?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ah ha...so you finally admit it’s oppressive and not enjoyable. Doesn’t it feel great to be honest with yourself?

He's a salesman, he's never honest.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ah ha...so you finally admit it’s oppressive and not enjoyable. Doesn’t it feel great to be honest with yourself?

The day before a blizzard may be very cold.  It’s not comfortable.  When among us complains?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

He's a salesman, he's never honest.

Deep down somewhere in the soul there has to be a tiny little light that wants to burst like a supernova and overtake the darkness once and for all. We just need to initiate it somehow, collectively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the same 'ole story. While warmth tries to move in as the Plains bake, we have cyclonic flow with a trough parked near and northeast of us. That is a brick wall to any prolonged heat. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The day before a blizzard may be very cold.  It’s not comfortable.  When among us complains?

Yes and it can also be very warm where folks wash their trucks in jean daisy dukes and flip flops in anger. Can’t make everyone happy but everyone enjoys coc. I have not met one person who says a sunny low dew 75F day is uncomfortable or unenjoyable, not one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yes and it can also be very warm where folks wash their trucks in jean daisy dukes and flip flops in anger. Can’t make everyone happy but everyone enjoys coc. I have not met one person who says a sunny low dew 75F day is uncomfortable or unenjoyable, not one.

Mitch?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ah ha...so you finally admit it’s oppressive and not enjoyable. Doesn’t it feel great to be honest with yourself?

Oppressive is a weather term used in the community. Like cold or hot or wet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's the same 'ole story. While warmth tries to move in as the Plains bake, we have cyclonic flow with a trough parked near and northeast of us. That is a brick wall to any prolonged heat. 

Not in July and August it’s not. You’re already on record in here last week posting you can see a very long stretch of high humidity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Deep down somewhere in the soul there has to be a tiny little light that wants to burst like a supernova and overtake the darkness once and for all. We just need to initiate it somehow, collectively. 

Honestly  .. why do you think it’s just going magically be 75 and dry all summer? I don’t understand that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Not in July and August it’s not. You’re already on record in here last week posting you can see a very long stretch of high humidity. 

Maybe, who knows. CLIMO says at some point it happens...but I'm not sure Jul-Aug are oppressive as some are making it out to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
op·pres·sive
/əˈpresiv/
adjective
  1. unjustly inflicting hardship and constraint, especially on a minority or other subordinate group.
    "an oppressive dictatorship"
    synonyms: harsh, cruel, brutal, repressive, crushing, tyrannical, tyrannous, iron-fisted, domineering, autocratic, dictatorial, undemocratic, antidemocratic, despotic, draconian, punitive; More
    • weighing heavily on the mind or spirits; causing depression or discomfort.
      "a profound loneliness, an oppressive emptiness"
      synonyms: overwhelming, overpowering, hard to bear, unbearable, burdensome, unendurable, intolerable, heavy; More
    • (of weather) excessively hot and humid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Honestly  .. why do you think it’s just going magically be 75 and dry all summer? I don’t understand that 

612hr CFS op is locked in

weddingcrisp.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Honestly  .. why do you think it’s just going magically be 75 and dry all summer? I don’t understand that 

It won’t, no one said it will. Climo won’t be denied but this idea that last summer is showing it’s ugly ass again ain’t happening either. We know how much you love tropical downpours ruining summer weekends but nothing suggests that will occur. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

It's the same 'ole story. While warmth tries to move in as the Plains bake, we have cyclonic flow with a trough parked near and northeast of us. That is a brick wall to any prolonged heat. 

I feel like it's been like that for years now.... the country bakes in searing heat... except for new england 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×