Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't know why or how you comprehended what I wrote the way you ( seemed ) to, but I wasn't "reading into" anything.

I was asking a question as to whether the lack of sun made folks feel ripped off - period. 

But also gave reasons why they "might" be predisposed to feeling that way, too, as a supposition.  

Sounds like the your reading into what I wrote as someone reading into something ...hahaha... 

Jesus christ around here - wow

Too much anger for such a beautiful day.

81/40 this afternoon after a low of 39F....Big diurnal spread.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/8/2019 at 5:50 PM, Dr. Dews said:

sympathy14.png

You apparently don’t care who you hurt or offend.   What do you add?   Nothing you’ve ever posted has a science basis....just saying. You wishcast then castigate others for doing it.   Seriously man you’re the reason I tend to limit my time outside of sports in the summer of 2019.   Keep it up and you’ll drive all of us away.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, weathafella said:

You apparently don’t care who you hurt or offend.   What do you add?   Nothing you’ve ever posted has a science basis....just saying. You wishcast then castigate others for doing it.   Seriously man you’re the reason I tend to limit my time outside of sports in the summer of 2019.   Keep it up and you’ll drive all of us away.

Well written!! And spot on!! 

Euro operational is a bit on it's own ( though has some support by the EPS mean) for this next weekend. 

The GFS is really out of phase in the lower troposphere ...and the GGEM has yet it's own rendition.  But the operational Euro has a modest heat signal there.  Despite the strung out west to east oriented trough over southeast Canada Saturday and Sunday, the 00z solution portends a bit of elevated heights ... on the order of a quarter to perhaps half SD, rippling underneath the said vortex structure.  This subtle S/W ridging at 500 mb is toting along a swath of well-mixing 850s that are in the neighborhood of 13 or 14 C on by late Saturday ...maturing to perhaps 16 or so by late Sunday.  Given sufficient sun you got mid 80s to near 90 - hence 'modest' heat signal.  

It's certainly rather tedious in its self, but .. for me the interesting aspect is to observe a ridge/plausible warm day(s) couch inside a larger synoptic scope that features more a +PNAP structure - which would be more consistent with a cool look.  That's actually an anomaly.  'Course... Euro probably changes that entire evolution on the next run .. Otherwise, that might also be convectively risky ...if we get some modest heat with that large depression in heights lurking near-by southeast Canada, and perturbation probably ignites fast moving activity. 

14 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

How come no one talking about the boomers tonight? 

Heh...it's there but it appears more disorganized with limited parameter support.  

The general synopsis features a weakening L/W quasi closed structure in the MS/western TV regions that is opening up into a vestigial shear axis.. before getting absorbed in the newly arriving northern stream surge coming toward Lakes region...  The combination of the two temporarily veers the deep layer flow more unilaterally upright along the EC and drives some higher PWAT air up along the cordillera and coastal regions ...eventually throughout New England by early Tuesday, ...just before said N/stream bullies a front through and cleans house later in the day... But that's beyond overnight..  Any time we transport a warm PWAT rich air mass toward a region that is initially cooler in the low levels ...overrunning can contain convection.  With the general amorphous nature to the overriding mechanics ...it's probably more likely packets of showers/embedded lightning episodes. Low/nominal probability for severe ...but heavy rain here and there. 

22 hours ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Hi everyone. Since today is the anniversary of the Worcester tornado of ‘53, any guesses how the day would have been outlooked for the NE  if Norman OK had been up and running in those days? ex. Slight, moderate, high risk ?

I'm sure they would've been giving lots of attention to the system that had clobbered Flint, MI on the 8th.

Only around 330 days until next years leaf out!

Leaf out is still in progress here, especially on ash.  White ash is about 3/4 full size but brown ash is barely 1/2.  (Other than black locust, which is not native to the Northeast, ash is latest to turn green.  Phenology is maybe 7-10 days behind average, no big thing and lots better than 2010 when it was 10-14 days early - until the killing freeze of 5/11.)

15 hours ago, weathafella said:

Dr Dew little?

I hadn't been paying attention to the forecast highs but this week looks pretty cool if the NWS forecast is any indication.  

Low 80s today, then mid-60s for highs tomorrow.  Low 70s on Wednesday but then mid-60s for highs Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun.  

Given the rainfall though, I'd assume those 65F highs will come with at least some humidity.