Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

Just now, dendrite said:

Just saw vis sat...bummer. Was like 99% sun here today until a few cumulus in the past couple hours.

It didn't get cloudy until 3, I was outside all day just sat down for dinner on the deck. A little chill in tee and shorts but still nice.

34 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I was wondering if we may end up in a Bahama blue conveyor them two days ... ... Tropically cleansed blue sky next to bright white narrow glaciators... It's one of my favorite skies across the perennial types - 

Perhaps a sneaky 66-72 type dew, and cfp which fails (unsweep) and folks are left with 6/20/95 warfare , take cover

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I was wondering if we may end up in a Bahama blue conveyor them two days ... ... Tropically cleansed blue sky next to bright white narrow glaciators... It's one of my favorite skies across the perennial types - 

Add some nice vertical terrets.  Wish we could pull these off up here

image.png.4205900a3623d90138ee7bc43346c5aa.png

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

After a brutal April and first half of May, you couldn’t draw this up in any better. No signs of sustained change to HH rest of month either.

Today will be 2 straight days without measurable. I haven't had 3 straight since March. That should be going down. We've been pulling off some amazing weekends.

Sometimes the deliverance of weather seems to come by way of poetic justice ...

For two days and counting ...that vestigial gyre is wobbling around the western TV Valley... VA has had 48 hours of clouds and rain... While we enjoy pretty much as close to utopia weather as is physically plausible on Earth.  Yes there are fringe tastes that don't include these days in their dimensions of what perfection is...  we're talking about the average preference here. 

Right now...out of doors, it is a top 0 moment relative to that. 

...If it turns into a whole day's worth, that would be truly an amazing feat, as this degree ( puns always on purpose ) of satisfaction should be unknowable at extended lengths of time.  The uncertainty principle, upon which all of reality is constructed, ensures that perfection can only be a theoretical state in a universe moving through time as a system of fractals.

So, for the Tenn Valley over to the lower M/A ...where they bathed in May summery bliss ...while we ate grapple cold rains ...  this satellite image could not be more mirrored:

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/

And it sort of looks like 'their turn in the barrel,' doesn't it. 

By the way ... this is the third weekend in a row where we've lucked out on timing these sort of days.  Much of Mem Day weekend was in the top 10 percentile ...and last weekend was pretty darn nice, too.  Now this...

• Like 1

Boy ... we just can't seem to break this -NAO's back.  Seems despite all conjecture heretofore ... some very valid at that, we're still carrying the burden of the winter's ending slosh.   When the flow concomitantly relaxed nearing the end of the winter, it just morphed into warm depots at mid and u/a altitudes and latitude and won't stop.   We are in summer ... Meteorologically, and that 12z operational GFS may as well be late February.  It's just doing so 20 or 30 DAM warmer. But it's a direct flow construction precipitant from a hemisphere that won't stop blocking for any reason - can't hardly disavow that either, when looking at the GEFs mean...

I bet if a black hole careened through the solar system and destroyed everything... the -NAO would still remain

• Like 2
  • Haha 2