Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Dews last night and today in 67-69 range . Beginning of the humid summer it seems .I’d be shocked if anyone is left uninstalled 

Lol one muggy day the fans were all we needed. Haven't even thought about rolling out the portables. We back to COC

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Clean Canadian air, about as good as it gets. Enjoy

Summer Ceremonial for the Shriner's this weekend at Bailey's Campground in Old Orchard beach, I'm heading down in a couple hours, Couldn't ask for better weather, Sunny low 70's Fri-Sun, The ladies have completed preperations............:thumbsup:

jelloshots.jpg

Puddingshots.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Summer Ceremonial for the Shriner's this weekend at Bailey's Campground in Old Orchard beach, I'm heading down in a couple hours, Couldn't ask for better weather, Sunny low 70's Fri-Sun, The ladies have completed preperations............:thumbsup:

jelloshots.jpg

Puddingshots.jpg

Jello shots? 

13 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Just what we needed, .84" overnight and 1.22" for the entire event,  :(  We won't dry out here until august at this rate, Farmers are real late planting here this year, Cant even work the soil its so saturated.

Lets hope that organized LP for next week doesn't stall, that could be a 2 to 3 inch deal

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Only had .1 here, Garden needs the sun all weekend.  Grass is off the hook growing fast.  2nd mowing this week tomorrow 

My garden is doing well, Need some heat in there though, If i had to plant in the ground, There would be no garden unless i was planting rice.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

All mixed together? Sounds like a great party

There all different, They are all marked at which booze is in each one, Barbecue Friday night, Catered meal and fireworks Saturday night for about 1,000 of us, Hospitality all weekend, Yeah its a party...........:)

• Like 2

If it wasn't for the vestigial vortex/shear axis in the TV area over the weekend, Sunday woulda/coulda/shoulda been the first 90 pan-realized day of the season. 

However...that appears to be cleverly stymied by the weather engineers ... ha. 

The NAM and Euro blend shows this ...well, most guidance do.  They are using that mid level dying long-wave trough to activate an old frontal boundary ... illuminating all kinds of QPF with thunder bombs on the chart, on both sides of said boundary... Even going so far as to hint at weakly closing surface low east of the Del Marva by early Sunday..  This transitively stops us from getting hot.

The problem is, the surface pressure pattern can't evolve south of us enough to where the troposphere can take expansion advantage of 590 DAM heights amplifying over us.  So we end up with light winds in the interior, with probably ESE marine contamination intruding pretty far inland during the afternoon.   850s are also getting a neggie feed-back because there's too weak of a wind field at that level to import the warm air from OH/PA/NY ...into our region.  

I think by the time July rolls around this particular year, the atmosphere will have actually succeeded in manufacturing every mathematic plausibility there can physically be in the Natural cosmological universe ... for the sole intent of NOT allowing temperatures to maximize in New England.   It's really is quite remarkable... I have lost out attempting to keep track of this plethora of warm offsets, both subtle and gross.  

51 minutes ago, SlantStickers Anonymous said:

Had a tremendous downpour with lightning around 1:30 AM. 

Ours was around 12:30, nice cell right over me.  Lots of thunder and lightening, huge tropical downpours. 

All the rain seems to be coming in the middle of the night so far this season.....it's like we're on Oahu.