Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, SJonesWX said:

is this your first time using the internet? i mean, that describes pretty much every forum that exists

obviously .. .but yeah, I just thought it funny to point it out... 

It's also spinning it to be not such a big deal the way you put that.  I may not be. ... but I've been around and know that the monkeys are running the zoo now more than ever.  It's gotten worse - 

I tell ya ... too bad this wasn't December 4th with that CDC and CPC tele spread(s) ... we'd be talking and epic to historic early winter expression/potential...  It looks like a prelude to a 20-30" climate correction event. 

I wonder what that means on June 4 tho - heh... 

Not sure what happened in the flow of this thread.

Last week when it was 30's and rains to Maine, while NYC was tearing up 80s with severe, NNE folks were angry talking about kicking a granny and keying cars. Those were the actual quotes.

Hopefully folks have had some vitamin D and sun and feel better.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s the nail on the head we always argue. Summer is shorts and tees. Nighttime and daytime. If it’s COC k it’s cold as soon as sun sets and that means you have to grab shawls etc. No thanks

Shorts/tees work fine in the land without black flies (or deer flies.)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Very muggy next 2 days pike south . Will feel good 

More like a climo -ranged DP surge ... but sure, muggier...  warmth I suspect busts too cool by area METs by some.  I saw a lot of 77 type temps for metro west...  hhheeh... .

I'd align the warm front ~ ALB - ASH ... particularly per the 18z suite.   NAM inside of 24 hours isn't as bad as some think it's fun to carp - usually when it's not showing something they want.  And the GFS is on board as well for at least southern VT/NH with that boundary now... Actually farther N than prior model cycles.  

Has T1 all the way to 24 C over Logan on a wind coming from a rough Hartford trajectory... That usually means a 2-meter in the 28 C range or roughly 82 to 84 F for common reference.   Meanwhile, DPs should be a minimum 63 this far into green-up in the warm sector if that wfrontal placement pans out.  It's hard to keep the high temperature under the T1 in June on a SW flow ...and so the MOS is likely got a dimmed climo event in there somewhere...

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

More like a climo -ranged DP surge ... but sure, muggier...  warmth I suspect busts too cool by area METs by some.  I saw a lot of 77 type temps for metro west...  hhheeh... .

I'd align the warm front ~ ALB - ASH ... particularly per the 18z suite.   NAM inside of 24 hours isn't as bad as some think it's fun to carp - usually when it's not showing something they want.  And the GFS is on board as well for at least southern VT/NH with that boundary now... Actually farther N than prior model cycles.  

Has T1 all the way to 24 C over Logan on a wind coming from a rough Hartford trajectory... That usually means a 2-meter in the 28 C range or roughly 82 to 84 F for common reference.   Meanwhile, DPs should be 63 in the warm sector if that wfrontal placement pans out.  It's hard to keep the high temperature under the T1 in June on a SW flow ...and so the MOS is likely got a dimmed climo event in there somewhere...

With all the ll moisture and high pwat’s. I bet we see some 67-69 dew readings . Also think there’s a sneaky spinner threat along warm front 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

With all the ll moisture and high pwat’s. I bet we see some 67-69 dew readings . Also think there’s a sneaky spinner threat along warm front 

Meh... soil moisture is overrated due to our small-ish geographical area, and we're not really transporting in a gray-blue tinted horizon air mass with this warm air.. .I'm not sure I see 67+ but we'll see.

Unsure on the latter.   SRH can be high in those 50 mile gaps below the equatorial sides of these wboundaries but there's a lack of triggers.   I'm not sure what bulk shear is like but just eyeballing the surface to 700 mb there's more directional than mass-balance issues.  SPC isn't very interested... I think gully rivers and some CG ...  

Kind of strange cloud structure tonight.  About 1/2 dozen  (not all are in this picture) of Lenticular clouds right now.  Really no high terrain to cause them.  Have never really seen this before.  I am making a time lapse from my webcam (which will take a little time)  to see if they are stationary or moving along.  Just noticed them.  This is looking south.  Dendrite would be just to the left behind the hill.

Len.jpg

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Kind of strange cloud structure tonight.  About 1/2 dozen  (not all are in this picture) of Lenticular clouds right now.  Really no high terrain to cause them.  Have never really seen this before.  I am making a time lapse from my webcam (which will take a little time)  to see if they are stationary or moving along.  Just noticed them.  This is looking south.  Dendrite would be just to the left behind the hill.

Len.jpg

Kind of looked like that here earlier

14 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Len.jpg

We get them from time to time...even down here. You don’t need to be immediately downwind of a mountain. The waves can extend outward for many miles as they dampen.