Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

Is that 3' away from your window?emoji16.png

Does not look like that it is up to code. You need 4ft of clearance I believe to a window.

Did you pull a permit and get it inspected? Does your insurance company know? They will  most likely want to see the permit/town inspection.

If you did none of the above and that causes a fire you can be guaranteed your insurance is going to fight not covering that loss.

Just now, dendrite said:

Nice shot of heat late next week, but all models and ens consistently look cooler and drier in that d8-10 range and beyond. Looks like a larger scale cool air mass lurking in Canada too...not some fleeting ULL garbage.

May be one in the same to suggest the following ... but our troubles for summer/heat enthusiasm run deeper than pool macro-cool mass-fields in Canada.

Something is systemically off about the hemisphere.  

3 minutes ago, kdxken said:

What happened to all the Heat some on here were talking about?

It will go back and forth but nothing extreme or prolonged like last summer. It takes skill to sift through all the rubbish posted on social media ....and not everyone has that ability. Those that don’t copy and past anything they see that fits their agenda. This is why we have this place, to discuss weather intelligently and offer a different perspective on forecasting for some....one of more science and less hope/prayer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. It’s been showing up frequently awt. Gonna be a nice July.

Maybe it's all fictitious or moderates. Maybe it mostly stays up in Canada and we end up on the warm side of the boundary more than not. Maybe it's a changeable pattern with alternating shots of heat and cool airmasses. I know that pretty much leaves every option on the table :lol: but it was just an observation of mine on how modeling is handling the airmass to our north. Usually, if the cold is spilling into Minny first we end up with heat and humidity for a couple of days with a DIT mild down after that. So we'll see....just kinda throwing that out there for observation and verification purposes after the first week of July.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

Does not look like that it is up to code. You need 4ft of clearance I believe to a window.

Did you pull a permit and get it inspected? Does your insurance company know? They will  most likely want to see the permit/town inspection.

If you did none of the above and that causes a fire you can be guaranteed your insurance is going to fight not covering that loss.

Lol. There are no permit requirements for this type of thing where he lives. There isn’t much more than zoning refs in most towns in VT. The bigger towns in Chittenden County may have some, I know Burlington does but not much elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Just now, mreaves said:

Lol. There are no permit requirements for this type of thing where he lives. There isn’t much more than zoning refs in most towns in VT. The bigger towns in Chittenden County may have some, I know Burlington does but not much elsewhere. 

Are there thousands of deaths from CO poisoning there?

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Lol. Professionals still follow national code. But permits other than building and occupancy permits in towns are rare. There are land use permits, septic permits and a few others too. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I rented a hunting cabin for the winter in VT back in the 90's and one night all alone I passed out and fell on the floor, when I came to I was able to drag myself out the front door.  Once I hit the fresh air I was feeling fine pretty fast.  I'm pretty sure it was CO poisoning from a wood stove fire that wasn't venting well.  Probably as close to death as I've ever been.  Hadn't thought about that in a long time, but this chat obviously triggered that memory.

I rented a hunting cabin for the winter in VT back in the 90's and one night all alone I passed out and fell on the floor, when I came to I was able to drag myself out the front door.  Once I hit the fresh air I was feeling fine pretty fast.  I'm pretty sure it was CO poisoning from a wood stove fire that wasn't venting well.  Probably as close to death as I've ever been.  Hadn't thought about that in a long time, but this chat obviously triggered that memory.

Wow, u a lucky man

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I mowed late morning.  The amount of sweat I can produce doing such a simple thing is beyond gross.

Hermano! We share a common bond. I sweated and grunted for two hours this morning pushing a beat up old mower with a spark plug in serious need of replacement. Man was it hot.