Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

15 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

I miss New England, specifically Greater Boston area; HOME.
SUMMER?
Can say Florida gives a whole new meaning to swamp-azz dews and temp. Funny what you can get acclimated to. Vacations taken N in the Summer months. I now know why!
Heat Indexes over 110F for days, weeks... it's been that way since the end of May.
Low Td this month so far has been 65F with a Hi of 82F. Daily Temps mid-upper 90's, nights never drop below 75F.
Need ice-cubes to cool pool water. LOL

It's nice to be able to write this.
One month removed from open heart triple-bypass surgery.  Figure it's all gravy from here on out. 

Damn, all the best. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

Couple of near 90° days in there, but there’s still sneaky s/w’s in the flow that try to start digging south when they reach our longitude...basically tempered heat.

You can use the word 'tempered' to describe 95% of weather in NE.  It's a great place--nothing too extreme.

Meanwhile, for those who are keeping score, we're now losing more than 20 seconds/day of sunlight.  That loss will accelerate to over a minute/day in 10 days.  Early colors showing up in West Chesterfield.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

You can use the word 'tempered' to describe 95% of weather in NE.  It's a great place--nothing too extreme.

Meanwhile, for those who are keeping score, we're now losing more than 20 seconds/day of sunlight.  That loss will accelerate to over a minute/day in 10 days.  Early colors showing up in West Chesterfield.

If there are early colors showing up now it is because the tree is stressed and/or dying. Not a good sign and not one to make you think of fall. 

1 minute ago, JustinRP37 said:

If there are early colors showing up now it is because the tree is stressed and/or dying. Not a good sign and not one to make you think of fall. 

Lol..I was thinking the same thing, that tree isn’t long for this world!!  

But knowing E’ore....he was just busting chops and joshing around...I hope??? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Crazy...

Dew is 53F at IJD not too far away.  

ORH also mid-50s.  

Big difference in feel outside at 68F vs 53F.

Yea I would toss whatever Bob is quoting,  its absolutely a gorgeous COC evening, no bugs , cool breeze, low dews. Until September DIT said, 3 hours later lol. Thats an unreal bad take 

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Its an old inside joke

Good to hear. I only brought it up because they salted so much this winter that I'm seeing quite a bit of stressed trees near roads. I have a colleague that works on freshwater ecosystems and all the salt is really causing problems now. I work with ticks though and sadly salt isn't impacting them. 

43 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

87 was my high but with the low dews shade was perfect out of the water. Love it when you feel refreshed coming out of the water due to evaporation 

It was a little muggy here all day. We didn’t have a lot of mixing to keep the lower dews to the sfc here...the moisture kept pooling back up. 

But anyway...to see 94-97° you really want to see 18 to 20C

8 hours ago, JustinRP37 said:

Good to hear. I only brought it up because they salted so much this winter that I'm seeing quite a bit of stressed trees near roads. I have a colleague that works on freshwater ecosystems and all the salt is really causing problems now. I work with ticks though and sadly salt isn't impacting them. 

The joke is about 10 years old--but it never gets old.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

Excellent COC - 87/56 yesterday.  Fantastic 59 overnight for a great sleep.  Still haven't installed.  Might have to do it today.

Same here except I've been running mine during the day with folks home during the day.  The southern side of the house gets a little warm but nights have been great.

If I get enough marine influence here today, I think we'll make it through June without installing. I will definitely be installing when I see 85-90 for my hood showing up on a 3 day forecast. So far been lucky to have the natural AC keeping it very comfortable albeit a little murky at times.