Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Suns out, tan time commences, garden work, play with the dogs, then we pool with tunes blasting, some Netflix under the deck umbrella,  some grillin, some poolin rinse repeat. I could not wait to retire, people said you will be bored, um no. 

Glad you're enjoying retirement!!!  I turned 65 in May and plan on 2 more years since I'm partially heading up a big conversion from quarters to semesters that is effective in the fall of 2021.  Can't wait for the day, and I'm not at all concerned about being bored.  On the other hand, my brother-in-law turned 65 in February and has tons of money but is afraid he'd have nothing to do if he retired.  Enjoys his work, so at least that is a plus.  If I had his money and retirement plan, I'd be out the door so fast and traveling the world.  But, to each his own.

No... wave numbers increase in summer... 

Firstly, not sure what HM and the like are actually referring to/fro'  but,  R-wave numbers are identifiable L/W's   - they consist of a complete ridge and a mass-balancing trough as the total coupled wave space. 

Not sure that's what they are talking about. 

That said, in the summer... the flow becomes "nebular" ... which means it meanders. This happens as gradient weakens over the wash of the hemispheric scope from the normalization of the solar calendar/integration there in... etc etc..  With weaker gradients..there is less velocity and jet structure break down...and concomitantly.. the R-waves become more difficult to define and also increase in numbers...as well, shrink.  

I explained this last week.  

Any other Mets wanna jump in  -by all means.  

2 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Glad you're enjoying retirement!!!  I turned 65 in May and plan on 2 more years since I'm partially heading up a big conversion from quarters to semesters that is effective in the fall of 2021.  Can't wait for the day, and I'm not at all concerned about being bored.  On the other hand, my brother-in-law turned 65 in February and has tons of money but is afraid he'd have nothing to do if he retired.  Enjoys his work, so at least that is a plus.  If I had his money and retirement plan, I'd be out the door so fast and traveling the world.  But, to each his own.

I am by no means rich but I am surviving. Seeing so many of my friends and family die early it was an easy choice. 

48 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Took the bate, didn't cha ?  

Trump may be benefiting from an Obama tactic, or not ...

Lol he took the bait hook line and sinker.  Say something about Trump and social media and get a response that it was actually Obama who "weaponized" it.  Gotta love American politics.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

I know a lot of retirees-including many work colleagues now retired.  You ask “how’s retirement?”  No one complains.  I’m out the second the last tuition check is written and more likely before.  I’d pick a date in late winter and drive down to spring training-stay until they break camp.  Been a lifelong goal.  Then I’d do all the things I don’t have time to do.  Most importantly, I’d get enough sleep during the week.  Hopefully my body will allow hiking, snow shoeing, and reading.

Awesome Jerry, yea Spring training is on my agenda for sure. Lets do this #28

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I am by no means rich but I am surviving. Seeing so many of my friends and family die early it was an easy choice. 

Yup, gotta enjoy it while you can!!!  You work hard all your life, then hopefully you have a long, fun healthy retirement.  My sister retired at 63 or 64 to help my nephew with his two young kids, and then got sick and died less than two years later . . . just not fair sometimes, but we don't get any guarantees.

4 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Yup, gotta enjoy it while you can!!!  You work hard all your life, then hopefully you have a long, fun healthy retirement.  My sister retired at 63 or 64 to help my nephew with his two young kids, and then got sick and died less than two years later . . . just not fair sometimes, but we don't get any guarantees.

My neighbor and electrical contractor who did a lot of work for me at my job retired Jan 1 at 68, today he has terminal cancer .  For young and old enjoy this wonderful lowering humidity warm summer day as if its your last. Work hard, play harder, stop and smell the roses the hardest

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sbos_wx said:

Is this haze from the marine layer or something else? 

Look marine influence.  There are some high level streamers as Brian alluded to, but those are over CNE.  Also looks like we have some cumulus clouds form along that marine influence boundary.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

COC for days on the lalaland GFS.

A model with stretching bias does tend to ablate ridges on the northern arcs maybe?  

It seems it went out of it's way to do the same thing for this period and kept having to correct as we got closer.  Could be remembering wrong... 

But yeah... it's like it's been this way for  18 months really ... now relaying into the same thing with this FV3 upgrade.   Unremarkable run bias'