Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

57 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

EPS still domes

yeah... but 'still' being the operative word, and whether that stilling can persist. 

we've seen that featured in guidance in that range a few times recently and they're having difficulty -

...And we do see that trying in this Euro run, ... more than less supported by the EPS .. D8 thru 10 sees the establishment of westerly escape over the lower Maritimes, which is something that's pretty much not happened at any point since last summer as far as I can tell - 'less it was very brief for whatever reason... Otherwise, troughs and/or closed vortices have been dominating that region, and control our climate indirectly ..at other times, more so, as well.  But if the Euro/EPS are right ... mm

The other thing is ... the hemisphere is still in a whack state. Look up over Alaska at D8 -10?  Holy hell is that a whopper -EPO.   Not sure what the may mean for the lower 48 at this time of year, but 'sides whatever that is, that is a freak look - I wonder if any are paying attention to that.  I mean, why would we look there now? right -   But, typically a -EPO can do one of two things:   a   it can kink a trough deeply into the Rockies ...and then down stream, we balloon.  b   if the wave lengths are long and the flow is fast, that can lead to cold spreading east through lower Canada and actually a decent winter look for us.   Unfortunately?  It's summer. So not sure what to do with that.

But take note of that 850 mb plume rattling around underneath that capping suppression and also note that is the warmest the sun angle will be up there ... that's seems perfectly timing an event that challenges some records for interior Alaska.  Time to warm it further too, as the 850 warm up rule usually applies   ... Magine that?  Fairbanks may be warmer than Boston on D10 if those charts fug up eastern NE for any reason -

On 6/22/2019 at 8:29 AM, tamarack said:

Did you go there hunting?  Chasing "Esox alligators" (muskies)?  Canoeing?  I've got loads of memories from the almost 10 years (1976-85) working in that country.

Finally saw a bit of sun after 6 yesterday afternoon

I was working for TNC on some of their St. John lands. 

Im in Bangor right now for phish. Left Bridgton at 2 it was 79 and sunny. Couldn’t believe when I stepped out of car here and it’s 60 degrees cloudy and light drizzle. Almost 20 degree temp change!

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s some ORH 53 similarities to this weekend that some Mets have mentioned 

Not sure where these have been coming from...and I’ve seen others say the same but...no, no, no, no, no, no. Those are ridiculous assertions. This isn’t even remotely close 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Isn’t it tough to get sig tornadoes in non EML situations in these parts? (Assuming the ‘53 reference was a sincere one?)

Very tough...heck...maybe even anywhere in the country. Only examples I can think of here are 10/3/79 and I think the long tracked tornado from around Waterbury into Tolland County in 1962(?) which was rated F3...I don’t recall if that had an EML.

i night be way off on that year. Ughhh I used to know these dates right off the bat