Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What are your thoughts on their reasoning and the why?

Hey we'll get our dews and heat from time to time. So don't try to paint me into a corner. I'm just not on the repeat of last summer train. I think you guys may have higher anomalies than up here though as we head into July. I'm not a seasonal/LR guy so I'm not going to get into a battle versus DS and isotherm...I'd lose. I'm more or less leaning persistence with a gradual lessening of the severity of the backdoors. This time last year models were predicting 5+ days of like 20-25C 850s and a mega ridge. These looks don't scare me.

image.png

image.png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Hey we'll get our dews and heat from time to time. So don't try to paint me into a corner. I'm just not on the repeat of last summer train. I think you guys may have higher anomalies than up here though as we head into July. I'm not a seasonal/LR guy so I'm not going to get into a battle versus DS and isotherm...I'd lose. I'm more or less leaning persistence with a gradual lessening of the severity of the backdoors. This time last year models were predicting 5+ days of like 20-25C 850s and a mega ridge. These looks don't scare me.

image.png

image.png

The train last summer left 8 weeks ago.

Can finally feel the dews coming up a bit this evening after the rain.  Up to a dew of 62F and the river out back has a thin layer of fog forming over the cold water... that's usually a sure sign of dews over 60f.

Around 0.6" today of rain.  Wasn't convective really, just small droplet soaking rain for several hours.  The wet times continue, just missed 1"+ amounts again (luckily) that went through the Mad River Valley.  Seems every few days someone is getting 1+ inch of rain up here.

I7WT0ye.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Max 64.9°. 0.70” rain. Deep summer for the foothills. 

That's impressive for this time of year.  We actually had some 6pm SCT sky with enough sunshine to bump the temperature up to 69F at MVL...still another below normal day, but 4-5F colder than your max.

It'll be interesting to see how much the pattern changes in the next couple weeks.  This has been very persistent, every week there's at least 1 cold wet day going back to April it seems.  It's been a lot better lately, but we (N/CNE) seem to be the battle ground between air masses... it leads to a lot of rain as the boundaries go back and forth.  Warm front then cold front.  Shortwaves galore.

Echoing Brian ... been mention that same tenor and reasons why as of late 

That said another insidious repeating theme that has been taking place is this opposite pattern immediately morphing upon the posting veracious arguments ... Jesus Christ, but we'll see if this has legs

pna.sprd2.gif

6 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

so it will be 80-90 in July. wow.. heading into peak climo in 3 weeks or so, then it's down from there!

This is called 'wishing the time away'

one day you'll regret doing that ... particularly if you succeed in finding that perception .. just sayn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

That's impressive for this time of year.  We actually had some 6pm SCT sky with enough sunshine to bump the temperature up to 69F at MVL...still another below normal day, but 4-5F colder than your max.

It'll be interesting to see how much the pattern changes in the next couple weeks.  This has been very persistent, every week there's at least 1 cold wet day going back to April it seems.  It's been a lot better lately, but we (N/CNE) seem to be the battle ground between air masses... it leads to a lot of rain as the boundaries go back and forth.  Warm front then cold front.  Shortwaves galore.

You’d prefer to be in a deep NW flow with the boundary very far SE. If you toe the line, thats a an avenue for moisture transport. 

11 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wiz got excited today but meh’s Sunday 

wait what? 

I haven't been excited for a severe weather setup all summer. There is a difference between monitoring for convection and severe wx. 

Given the strength of the s/w Sunday there probably will be some convection but I don't think anything crazy.