Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Isn't that what you meant? 

nah.. No, I was just using that as launch point - heh ...my bad. 

I'd go with Brians assessment on that ...  not uncommon for June as you know.  Rains...sun pops out...steam off the street and feels like waves off buffalo dung

As far as what i said after lift off ... it's true though.  DP is registering higher -

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

nah.. No, I was just using that as launch point - heh ...my bad. 

I'd go with Brians assessment on that ...  not uncommon for June as you know.  Rains...sun pops out...steam off the street and feels like waves off buffalo dung

That's what I assume too. Kevin can't wait for the moment after a tstm when the sun shines down on that wet mulch...soaking up IR radiation and then evaporation responds with a TD of 79. 

well...like I said, it's just what I observed - DP of 80 may be so..   we can certainly look it up. 

but, the point I was making is that it wasn't 105 to 110 F   - I think we can all agree there..  Also .. dancing around the notion that the GFS was under performing on DP  ... which proobably attributed to its temp side soaring so high.   It did that in the March nor-easter earlier that spring, too, when it had nearly 3" of QPF in rain at 39/33 F ...  seemed to carry on with an issue handling basic thermodynamics despite all conceits

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah.. it def happened last summer. Even Scooter can’t deny or claim mulch beds. The macs did it. We all lived it . It will continue happening more and more this summer 1. and beyond 2.

1. nope

2. maybe/likely

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The reason you’re getting cold rains all the time is directly due to your cool dry dew days. Sun out fine, but you’re so far north that you’re never sectoring due to the dry air masses . So when the precip and clouds come in in cold side, you’re left with cold hellish summer days . So the dry dews are really hurting you . Your’re robbing Peter to pay Paul. 

Pretty good analysis.... I'd agree, when the sun is out it's nice but low dew rains wet-bulb down a lot.  Having rain start with a dew of 53F is going to get a lot colder than starting to rain with a dew of 68F.  

SNE has punched into those air masses a couple times but they've struggled to get up here which is why even the full sun days are coming in at -2 departures.

5 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Man it is pouring with intermittent rumbles. Btw, did anyone in SE CT hear an explosion a few hours ago? Deep concussion rattled my windows and paintings. Maybe a military jet going supersonic?

I heard it & felt it. I thought for sure something crashed down in or on the house. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Pretty good analysis.... I'd agree, when the sun is out it's nice but low dew rains wet-bulb down a lot.  Having rain start with a dew of 53F is going to get a lot colder than starting to rain with a dew of 68F.  

SNE has punched into those air masses a couple times but they've struggled to get up here which is why even the full sun days are coming in at -2 departures.

Nothing worse than May- August rains with temps in 40’s and 50’s. Other than Mitch and inerdsnow .. no one would ever enjoy that . And all they do is watch it thru the windows with the heat on 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nothing worse than May- August rains with temps in 40’s and 50’s. Other than Mitch and inerdsnow .. no one would ever enjoy that . And all they do is watch it thru the windows with the heat on 

Kinda like watching dews from the AC?

• Haha 3

Last summer was brutal to work outside . I did landscaping for a approximately 10 days approximately 10-4 and I wondered if I was going to make it. Will not ever do that again in those conditions .

we had several humid days in 90’s in Nashua and I was withering away In that brutal heat . I probably would have shot someone to use a pool. This wasn’t watering lawns type of crap It was slave labor .

• Haha 1