Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

On 6/23/2019 at 8:31 PM, powderfreak said:

Yeah, I'd love to experience that weather/climate.  That area and the West Yellowstone weather station can put up some impressive diurnal ranges. 

I visited Yellowstone NP in early June, and stayed in West Yellowstone for a few nights...which is around 7,000' elevation.  What a beautiful place.  Temps were in the 60s during the day and near freezing at night...with late afternoon showers as the clouds formed over the mountains. 

Their average annual snowfall is around 150", with most years having continuous snow cover for 6 months (Nov through April).  Normal low is around 0F during DJF.

:wub:

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm not sure I buy that. There is nothing forming right now, and not sure how moisture transport will be given convection near Long Island. Now the LLJ will strengthen, but I don't know if I buy a widespread soaking.

Yea lets hope, these dewey misty cloudy days are the worst

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How much so far? How does radar look for inches in your area?

I never forecasted anything but you did. I just wrote verbatim what the HRRR had. You constantly write like all of CT is Tolland County.  Lots of people from CT here live on the corners, shore, you ignore them as if Tolland is the epicenter. But your forecast for Tolland looks about right, maybe next time post about your hood

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm not sure I buy that. There is nothing forming right now, and not sure how moisture transport will be given convection near Long Island. Now the LLJ will strengthen, but I don't know if I buy a widespread soaking.

File this on under "No shit"

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I never forecasted anything but you did. I just wrote verbatim what the HRRR had. You constantly write like all of CT is Tolland County.  Lots of people from CT here live on the corners, shore, you ignore them as if Tolland is the epicenter. But your forecast for Tolland looks about right, maybe next time post about your hood

Not sure what you’re talking about or why you’re angry . At any rate , enjoy your day 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sbos_wx said:

The office is a frustrating thermostat place, eh?

We have older a/c system. It needs to get a head start to stay even remotely cool. People come in early in morning and are 'cold'. Turn off the air, and it's 77 degrees by the afternoon and I have incurable swamp ass. Going to start coming in with shorts on lol.

I've seen the articles but now I understand fully lol

Our building is a retro-fitted masonry monster constructed about a century ago, and temps seem slow to react to change of seasons.  My cubicle is on the "porch", a more recent (50s?) framed addition, and it's 78 on the thermostat, which is mounted on the bricks of the original building, but 80 on the instrument on the desk.  Last year about this time the cubicle was running low 80s, while the cross-corner office was about 70 with a breeze and its occupant would've preferred the 80s.  (My preference would be low 70s in summer, 65 in winter.  At least it's better than before the reno - I was in the same porch cubicle then, and during a cold spell it was close to 60 at desk level and low 40s at ankle height.  That's a bit chilly, even for me, but not so much as to make me ask for a space heater.)