Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Here we go . Buckle up buckaroos . A nice 5 day siege. And those temps are for BOS on the cold North Atlantic Ocean .. We wipe 

Not at the coast! But even today was way under forecasted inland. I’m all set with dews!

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Here we go . Buckle up buckaroos . A nice 5 day siege. And those temps are for BOS on the cold North Atlantic Ocean .. We wipe 

Thurs-Sat look 5-6° AN for BOS, warm and summery but nothing exceptional - except for this cool spring/early summer to-date.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

These low dew days with deep blue skies and west flow usually overperform with temps by a few degrees. Not that much of a shocker.

You could tell early on when the west wind was still robust at 8am even in Jamaica Plain we’d over perform temperature wise.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You could tell early on when the west wind was still robust at 8am even in Jamaica Plain we’d over perform temperature wise.

I feel like we see that a lot in early spring with a retreating high and WAA. d2 and 3 look the warmest with 850s and higher dews, but then d1 sneaks in as the warmest with full sun, deep west flow, and low RH primed for thermodynamic heating. Then the next two days come and clouds, unfavorable flow, or some other junk keeps the temps down a bit.

45 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Would be a real surprise up here - I don't think Maine has seen anything above a Cat 1 in the past 150 years.  Maybe when GW has SSTs in the Gulf of Maine near 80?

And I wrote it in jest. I have no interest in having a hurricane hit New England. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Looks nice for your outdoor activities after 8pm!

We all know you've enjoyed the past 3 days immensely but nice weather is boring weather.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Around 90 days away, then.

Yeah a good 3 months before it's time to think about fall/winter returning. 

Remnants of last winter found today while hiking... nothing like rotting piles of snow with debris all around them.

It's nearly impossible to get the dog to leave the snow though.  Cooling off on a warm summer day, all she wants to do is roll around in it and then just lays there like she'd be content sleeping on the pile of snow for the next several hours.

bnao2aA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah a good 3 months before it's time to think about fall/winter returning. 

Remnants of last winter found today while hiking... nothing like rotting piles of snow with debris all around them.

It's nearly impossible to get the dog to leave the snow though.  Cooling off on a warm summer day, all she wants to do is roll around in it and then just lays there like she'd be content sleeping on the pile of snow for the next several hours.

bnao2aA.jpg

Lol, great picture. She's loving it. 

It's never too early to discuss winter, I firmly believe that, too. but if you reverse roles, the same should hold true come April? 

Still a good two months away from talking legit snow chances high up...but it can be discussed anyway..

What a stellar day for all things outdoors. I got out on FI Sound for a few hours this afternoon. The water is brisk, but does not take the breath away like last week. The moorings and IODs are out in West Harbor, American flags are flying high all over the island as the summer crowd trickles in, and stiff cocktails are getting knocked back on many a deck/porch. Gotta love summer.

• Like 4