high clouds during Monday afternoon. Continued seasonably warm and
turning a bit more humid, especially later in the day. High
temperatures will be mainly in the lower and middle 80s. The next
chance of rain will arrive during Monday night into Tuesday
morning, along with areas of fog as it turns noticeably more
humid.

$$

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Dammit, off by a day on that prediction but got the number of paragraphs correct.

Heh... you're off by more than a day on that tho   

I only vaguely unveiled any psycho babble eye- glazing... with clear tongue-in-cheekism.   The real point of that?  New England's subforum in the summer hmm, might not be the appropriate place/time for cryo fixation banter. A comprehension this particular concentrated ilk of reader may not gather in, granted -

Be that as it may..., those that are defensive, prooobably won't comprehend that objectively - tru.  They'll just try an evasive debase tactic by making fun of it instead.

na na na-na na...

Okay, now you go -

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh... you're off by more than a day on that tho   

I only vaguely unveiled any psycho babble eye- glazing... with clear tongue-in-cheekism.   The real point of that?  New England's subforum in the summer hmm, might not be the appropriate place/time for cryo fixation banter. A comprehension this particular concentrated ilk of reader may not gather in, granted -

Be that as it may..., those that are defensive, prooobably won't comprehend that objectively - tru.  They'll just try an evasive debase tactic by making fun of it instead.

na na na-na na...

Okay, now you go -

Ha, I live in a place where snow obsession is normal.  This whole town and many surrounding towns are filled with snow freaks.  Everyone loves summer but the first love is the white fluff.

I probably forget what it's like to live in the real world where there aren't signs along the road that say "Pray for Snow" or "Snow Country" or a giant picture of a dendrite flake, etc.  Probably don't see that stuff walking down the streets of Ayer, Mass.

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I probably forget what it's like to live in the real world where there aren't signs along the road that say "Pray for Snow" or "Snow Country" or a giant picture of a dendrite flake, etc.  Probably don't see that stuff walking down the streets of Ayer, Mass.

image.jpg

• Haha 2

Yeah regarding the is 88 hot. I think it very much depends on the dew point. Last week felt downright uncomfortable yet we did not reach 80, but just to the north of NYC here, it was god-awful. This weekend is warm, but these 40s and 50s dew points feel so great. Also, they do a great job lowering the tick risk as the little bastards have to stay hydrated so they do not quest as high or as long. This is a very interesting year because our numbers have not been great, but it seems like the ones that we are getting have a higher chance of being infected than normal. As my PhD advisor said when I was working in his lab, 'one can study ticks for their life and still feel like they know nothing when they retire'. That certainly is the truth, and probably also the way many meteorologists feel too. 

Granted day 8 anything shouldn't carry a whole helluva lot of weight ... but under the circumstances? The longest most unrelenting pattern lock since the formation of the Milk Way Galaxy itself makes this somehow eerily believable...  For summer/heat enthusiasts, you are being singularly targeted for rear-violation... This thing is literally carving SW in this GFS 12z oper. evolution.  What's interesting further ... there doesn't really appear to be any larger --> smaller scale forcing mechanics to make this happen - yet...it keeps doing so.  Fascinating

You can hope it's wrong ...and probably, some softer variation of this absurdity takes place ... just enough to make matters annoying ... But, this thing below - you know as an afterthought... this may finally break down in October, rending to the warmest ridgiest winter in history over eastern N/A.  It'll be poetic justice for those bombarding you with winter/snow posts at the end of June.  Oh..man. 'Almost pay to see that happen -

image.thumb.png.4e924a88614698145e741c997db3b083.png

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Granted day 8 anything shouldn't carry a whole helluva lot of weight ... but under the circumstances? The longest most unrelenting pattern lock since the formation of the Milk Way Galaxy itself makes this somehow eerily believable...  For summer/heat enthusiasts, you are being singularly targeted for rear-violation... This thing is literally carving SW in this GFS 12z oper. evolution.  What's interesting further ... there doesn't really appear to be any larger --> smaller scale forcing mechanics to make this happen - yet...it keeps doing so.  Fascinating

You can hope it's wrong ...and probably, some softer variation of this absurdity takes place ... just enough to make matters annoying ... But, this thing below - you know as an afterthought... this may finally break down in October, rending to the warmest ridgiest winter in history over eastern N/A.  It'll be poetic justice for those bombarding you with winter/snow posts at the end of June.  Oh..man. 'Almost pay to see that happen -

image.thumb.png.4e924a88614698145e741c997db3b083.png

I honestly  wouldn't  care.. as long as we never get to 90 plus day after day!

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

I honestly  wouldn't  care.. as long as we never get to 90 plus day after day!

Ha! right -

Yeah ...I can't honestly say I "like" 90+ weather.  In fact, I have windows open here with curtains waving and it's starting to get 'uncross the legs warm' feeling.  This is dry heat too... somewhat shy of 90.

In all seriousness and not trying to piss off PF ( that was already achieved an hour ago... ), I do find the Meteorology of heat wave fascinating.  Just as much as I do those circumstances/scenarios that presage any of the big weather impacts. 

I've opined in the past so I'll spare the reader a lot of grammar here buut, I don't believe Heat Waves really get their due appreciation.

I feel about this equally for cold waves.  For simplicity, I'm not sure I really see the logic in not including both heat and cold waves into the big ticket threats.   It should be, Tornadoes, Lightning, Floods, Hurricanes, Blizzards, heat waves and cold waves.   Both these latter weather phenomenon have clear and coherently identifiable atmospheric mechanical presentations, and since they take a tool on commerce and impose threats to public safety... I don't believe they are phenomenon that should be left off the threat list. 

It is what it is I guess :)  

But yeat, I'm not a sadist - I don't want to actually be subjected to high, uncomfortable heat and in particular, torridity ... mm.  In fact, I'd probably acclimate to just hot, but the DP doesn't seem ( for me ) to adjust very well at any exposure/length of time.  For us here, we usually end up with a mash up between Sonoran release mixed with continental biological-Industrial farts by the time it arrives, so we rarely get 95/40 ..It's gotta be 93/76, with cancerous ozones...  in a forecast that busted 3 to 5 too hot because DP/continental farting is notoriously under-handled... blah blah

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

81/47F, Huge COC day And a stiff NW wind to boot, No bugs today. 

Yesterday's max/min was 75/48 and today so far is 79/47... nothing better than sunshine with temps in the mid/upper 70s and overnight lows in the 40s. 

I could do this weather for months.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yesterday's max/min was 75/48 and today so far is 79/47... nothing better than sunshine with temps in the mid/upper 70s and overnight lows in the 40s. 

As summers should be in New England, Fuk the HHH, Folks want it move south.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Jackets and sweatshirts by 8:00. No thanks. You want warmth and dews so you can hang out with no shivering . Summer is not 55 and chill as soon as sun sets . Puff puff pass