Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It could be worse. We could be in St. Johns  with Nick. Some of those Julys that they get are cringeworthy...makes July 2009 look like Key West. 

Ye-ha ...no shit.   I was just looking at the 00z ECM up that way ... it's not that far fetched that some tedious nerd studying rain drops threw a windshield may spy a couple cat paws with this thing as is nor'easters its way up there.  it's down -2 C at 850 in the cold sector there.   Fuggin summer solstice cat paws - ... why does Nick live there again?  ...actually more up toward NF

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Ye-ha ...no shit.   I was just looking at the 00z ECM up that way ... it's not that far fetched that some tedious nerd studying rain drops threw a windshield may spy a couple cat paws with this thing as is nor'easters its way up there.  it's down -2 C at 850 in the cold sector there.   Fuggin summer solstice cat paws - ... why does Nick live there again?  ...actually more up toward NF

He’s a met up there. But to go from working in Bermuda to Newfoundland/Labrador has to make you pop the antidepressants like tic-tacs. 

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

Sorry to hear about the Lyme disease. My cousin contracted it years ago, but thankfully it was caught early and he hasn't had any recurring symptoms. The Plum Island facility I believe worked with anthrax and small pox. I doubt Fishers hosted any biological testing, given the large civilian population. The only military facility left out here is an underground bunker that once stored shells and powder during the days of Fort H.G. Wright and was later employed as a sonar monitoring station during the Cold War. And I think that has been abandoned for quite some time as well. Actually can fit the whole island in the event of a major hurricane, nuclear meltdown/attack etc.

Plum Island is still operating 

41 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This has been the great ass-pack spring/early summer of all time for eastern New England.

Yeah...tomorrow and Sunday in particular will put all this in memory but today is basically a microcosm of the whole last 75 days. everywhere east of the Berks and Whites is indundated... west of there... lots of sun.  

I have lettuce plants that literally look the same as they did 2 weeks ago in terms of growth. 

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

I contacted Lyme in 1994, it was virtually unknown. I was afflicted by the Babesiosis strain spending 3 days in the fetal position unable to move with a fever of 105. Seriously thought it was over. 2 teenage kids died while I was in South County hospital from the same. I again contacted regular Lyme the next year unknown to me, I thought I had the flu. It passed and I went on with my life. The next summer I developed joint pain so bad I sought help. Luckily for me one of the first Drs to correctly diagnose Lyme treated me. He immediately put me on Doxcycline with a port for regular treatments for 90 days. Gradually I got better but never fully recovered from the arthritis.  Never forget at the time Drs were ostracized by CDC and the medical community for diagnosing Lyme. The govt developed Lyme as a biological weapon at their Fishers Island Plum Island secret animal disease test facility.  The first cases were detected directly across from Plum Island in Lyme Ct. One of the greatest undercover secrets. 

https://underourskin.com/#home-underourskin

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

Sorry to hear about the Lyme disease. My cousin contracted it years ago, but thankfully it was caught early and he hasn't had any recurring symptoms. The Plum Island facility I believe worked with anthrax and small pox. I doubt Fishers hosted any biological testing, given the large civilian population. The only military facility left out here is an underground bunker that once stored shells and powder during the days of Fort H.G. Wright and was later employed as a sonar monitoring station during the Cold War. And I think that has been abandoned for quite some time as well. Actually can fit the whole island in the event of a major hurricane, nuclear meltdown/attack etc.

Yeah, I doubt Fishers had any craziness going on. Plum Island is locked down like Fort Knox & the Navy property for the sonar testing is pretty accessible, even with the fence.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StormSurge said:

Yeah, I doubt Fishers had any craziness going on. Plum Island is locked down like Fort Knox & the Navy property for the sonar testing is pretty accessible, even with the fence.

I worded that wrong and did not edit before submitting,  should have said off of Fishers Island.  Plum wrong to associate Fishers with testing.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This has been the great ass-pack spring/early summer of all time for eastern New England.

Yeah...tomorrow and Sunday in particular will put all this in memory but today is basically a microcosm of the whole last 75 days. everywhere east of the Berks and Whites is indundated... west of there... lots of sun.  

All about timing.  Clearing is on its way.  

We were socked in until about an hour ago, now partly sunny.  2pm is a nice time to break the clouds.

Looks like a departing Noreaster on satellite where ENE will be the last to clear. 

https://cdn.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES16/ABI/GIFS/GOES16-NE-GEOCOLOR-600x600.gif

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

All about timing.  Clearing is on its way.  

We were socked in until about an hour ago, now partly sunny.  2pm is a nice time to break the clouds.

Looks like a departing Noreaster on satellite where ENE will be the last to clear. 

https://cdn.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES16/ABI/GIFS/GOES16-NE-GEOCOLOR-600x600.gif

Not clearing here anytime today.

Capture.JPG.61bb57f5c8564697bde33b4433092930.JPG

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Back in the cold 1960s my (future) boss at my 1st forestry job woke up on 6/17/64 to see 3" snow had fallen during the overnight, on the NW Maine border across from St.-Pamphile, PQ.  No snow was reported at Clayton Lake, 25 miles to the SE, but they had temps 53/33 with 0.32" precip that day so maybe if the cookee had gone outside at 3 AM he'd have seen some flakes.

3km had quite a few popcorn cells dropping south along the coast tomorrow.  Cold air aloft, > 1k j/kg MLCape in spots.  Should make for some cool looking clouds at any rate, with small hail and a low end wind threat not totally out of the question based on the weenie soundings.  

36 minutes ago, radarman said:

3km had quite a few popcorn cells dropping south along the coast tomorrow.  Cold air aloft, > 1k j/kg MLCape in spots.  Should make for some cool looking clouds at any rate, with small hail and a low end wind threat not totally out of the question based on the weenie soundings.  

Downpour on Kevs jarts while drinking Zima, game?

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_25.png