Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

Not to rub it in buuut... na na na-na na  

There's a reason I've been saying not to buy into the heat for next week.  And it played out exactly like that too - the 'circular sander' over ~ NF came right back and ground the heat signal right out of New England right on schedule ... all over agin. 

This is an unrelenting trend folks. Rinse and repeating one, and I strongly suggest that unless the hemispheric mode switches to something new, it's one that will not go away any time soon... And by that, we could certainly be talking about the whole summer - it's happened before..  

Something like this took place in the year 2000 ... a season with surplus cool misty days ... stole every warmth.  It particularly annoying for those that are entertained by extremes because the previous winter was a complete cluster - and that's what patience rewarded? Basically 18 straight months of drawn shades.  Oh, it got warm for one week in early October as an exit insult... 

2007 and 2008 were back to back summers where we had this weakness if not L/W axis parked over 80 W; though it kept temps from getting out of control, it did set us up for daily mid level lapse rates and pulse sever chances.   I remember mid early mid July in 2008 I think it was... it was 64/62 just before sunset, after a thundery afternoon had the region into rain cooled air. Yet ... somehow there was enough instability to last a super cell that brought nickle hail along a 30 mil swath up astride I-495.. 

Point is, sometimes these set ups lock in ruin seasons.  The winter of 2012 .. same deal going the other direction.  And at times when the excitement starved enthusiasts can't really bear it, that when the models seem to know it's time to faux advertise the longing change ... Only to correct suddenly right back to the same look.   I'm not prepared to say this whole summer gets eaten and eroded by the vortex of NF ... but, if so, meh. 

Oh it'll prolly go on and get hotter 'n holy next week ... as though purposefully to smite this very veracious hot take ... Excluding the possibility that there are indeed outre forces at work, I wouldn't be shocked if not only does the heat fail next week, but we comically end up with a couple of those days at 68 instead of the 88 GFSX MOS was selling up through 00z.     

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not to rub it in buuut... na na na-na na  

There's a reason I've been saying not to buy into the heat for next week.  And it played out exactly like that too - the 'circular sander' over ~ NF came right back and ground the heat signal right out of New England right on schedule ... all over agin. 

This is an unrelenting trend folks. Rinse and repeating one, and I strongly suggest that unless the hemispheric mode switches to something new, it's one that will not go away any time soon... And by that, we could certainly be talking about the whole summer - it's happened before..  

Something like this took place in the year 2000 ... a season with surplus cool misty days ... stole every warmth.  It particularly annoying for those that are entertained by extremes because the previous winter was a complete cluster - and that's what patience rewarded? Basically 18 straight months of drawn shades.  Oh, it got warm for one week in early October as an exit insult... 

2007 and 2008 were back to back summers where we had this weakness if not L/W axis parked over 80 W; though it kept temps from getting out of control, it did set us up for daily mid level lapse rates and pulse sever chances.   I remember mid early mid July in 2008 I think it was... it was 64/62 just before sunset, after a thundery afternoon had the region into rain cooled air. Yet ... somehow there was enough instability to last a super cell that brought nickle hail along a 30 mil swath up astride I-495.. 

Point is, sometimes these set ups lock in ruin seasons.  The winter of 2012 .. same deal going the other direction.  And at times when the excitement starved enthusiasts can't really bear it, that when the models seem to know it's time to faux advertise the longing change ... Only to correct suddenly right back to the same look.   I'm not prepared to say this whole summer gets eaten and eroded by the vortex of NF ... but, if so, meh. 

Oh it'll prolly go on and get hotter 'n holy next week ... as though purposefully to smite this very veracious hot take ... Excluding the possibility that there are indeed outre forces at work, I wouldn't be shocked if not only does the heat fail next week, but we comically end up with a couple of those days at 68 instead of the 88 GFSX MOS was selling up through 00z.     

It will eventually move...and I don't need the heat...but ****ing tired of clouds. Early July should have it retro a bit. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It will eventually move...and I don't need the heat...but ****ing tired of clouds. Early July should have it retro a bit. 

My garden is screaming for sun and heat. Too much wet. Tomorrow afternoon should start the dry out as we crow all weekend 

It can dry out ... but 'heat'  ?    

depends what one means by that ...   

sun at this time of year like we have been getting on the weekends *( thank god) will do wonders to make it 'warmer' than today will likely turn out ( for example ...) but, I don't see it getting 'hot' any time soon.  not with fair observation of what hot is - if one wants to be disingenuous and claim 82 is hot so as to appear right in some ice-pick to the ear socket subjective tedium then that's ur delusion. Have fun with it.  but out here in reality, there's nothing hot about the pattern - for now. 

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

June 2004 was similar iirc.   Dendy is right about the mosquitoes. Just walked the dog in the misery mist.  I doused myself with deet, but she was getting swarmed.  

It is like we have gone back in time to last August

We warned folks about another super humid summer after the wet spring and SE ridging. They’re still fighting it 

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

if one wants to be disingenuous and claim 82 is hot so as to appear right in some ice-pick to the ear socket subjective tedium then that's ur delusion. Have fun with it.  but out here in reality, there's nothing hot about the pattern

This had me laughing.  

The summer is all about selling weather.  

Make a bold statement in April or May about the summer and then spend the next 3 months spinning every model fart to prove one was correct with their thinking.  

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Who’s talking about this weekend? 

And btw June isn’t supposed to be an overly humid month. And this one has been . What will happen in the few months of JAS when SST’s are up?

I'm not talking about a voodoo-cast for summer. June has sucked. Heat fail. Next week fail.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

He loved it when he was in BTV and the kids were playing soccer.  Walking through low dew air and 70s sunshine sipping beers... don't let him fool you.

Of course. Not sure when he got concussed and decided on hot and humid for summer...but deep down there is the cold dweller. Like Darth Vader having a little good in him....it's there.

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

June 2004 was similar iirc.   Dendy is right about the mosquitoes. Just walked the dog in the misery mist.  I doused myself with deet, but she was getting swarmed.  

It is like we have gone back in time to last August

Yeah ...I'm just down Rt poop a piece in Ayer and we have way more of these big fuggers... striped-legged 'black-hawk' munitions 'copters tickling necks and forearms just trying to key the goddamn door the house in the late afternoons.   

This is a much bigger population ... both by numbers and apparently size?  I wonder if this is another in a myriad of under-the-radar species arrivals. Or maybe it's just a favorable year. Probably that.   We went a couple years back to back where I don't recall even seeing municipal spraying around town .. the skeeter population was down during that era - maybe those dry springs or something.  I dunno but they'll probably bust out the old canisters of human sperm reduction agent soon :axe:     

..you know it's funny.. I was reading about this odd lack of male births in western societies that been happening over the last 20 years.  More and more babies are born female ... Scientist can't explain it.  Maybe the reason is something the 'brilliance' of modern chemistry is doing to our environment where we're say ... neutering males of XY chromosomatic zygotes.   awesome... dystopia

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s been a good amount of muggy days in SNE . Weekends admittedly have been dry downs for sure . Although last Sunday was wet and dewy 

idk, my bearded dragon is a good barometer and he tells me it has not been very humid.. he's been mostly happy due to the low amount of dewy days.. Also my daughters hair has not gone crazy as it does when dews are high..

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This had me laughing.  

The summer is all about selling weather.  

Make a bold statement in April or May about the summer and then spend the next 3 months spinning every model fart to prove one was correct with their thinking.  

somethin' like that ..yeah. 

i mean, we all do it in some dimensional way or another or amount or less ... you know, we make a call, or, want a certain sensible weather, or, want to just see certain attributes in the daily charts that get us giddy and failing these, we sort of can't help but filter perceptions to hedge - it's just part of being human.  hell, sometimes the hedging pays off because the original call comes back - i think folks remember those more elaborately than the other times when they hedged ... which, unfortunately, is the vaster outcomes.   anyway ... but to bring that out and actually sell it? that get's egregious in a hurry. ha