Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

3 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Tuesday Pm has had a few runs now of very warm 850’s   ( to the tune of 21c @ PVD ) , worth watching for a real scorcher 

GFSX MOS is 8+ on climo Mon-Tue-Wed at most interior sites from NYC to PWM fwiw - that's a significant departure at this range in a climate normalized product so the signal may be pretty bright.   Synoptic charts don't seem as robust tho hm

I'm hesitant ... mainly because seasonal trend has been down right creative in finding ways to dim these longer lead machine guidance numbers.  I've seen upper 80s on D6's more times than I can count and judging by how many upper 80s we've put in the books says something about the success rate there...

It's no mystery why that's failing as we've hammered numerous times...  We'll see... But I haven't seen any compelling reason why the great rasper sitting over the lower maritimes won't just circular sander those numbers downward for the umpteenth time.

I was just noticing the downslope dandy for Saturday and Sunday on GFS operational charts though ... Something in the nearer term to start looking forward too - putting together an impressive string of weekends were at least one of, if not both days were toppers. 

15 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

17C 850’s bring the torch Spots to near 90.

21C would be much hotter under partly cloudy skies . Well see if 850’s hold near 20 and we have decent sun. I wouldn’t lean yes but potential is hotter

Yeah I talked about this last week. I personally would not rule out a few sneaky 88-94 days but that should fire up some decent storms to our west. Any of the mesoscale stuff will drive the sensibible weather on any given day. Maybe relatovely cool NNE and a torch sw

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

See ya Saturday and Sunday

Deal with it,

Cocgrove

How you draw it up...point forecast has Saturday 71/48 and Sunday 76/51.

Saturday...Partly sunny. Highs around 70. 

Saturday Night...Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. 

Sunday...Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s.

10 hours ago, dendrite said:

Another swampazz summer like 2018 and we’ll all be putting the lotrimin in the butt crack. 

10 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

what if some of us do this already? 

I mean......lol, Keep an extra roll of TP in the car for that extra wipe occasion.

8 minutes ago, yoda said:

Its boring... don't really have one per se... just complains about missing rain and how dry it is... nothing like the threads up here

If you are DC/BWI? You had at least one, or two, or etc solid severe events and people still managed to complain in those threads. I mean, there was one huge line that hit almost everyone and the wind was ONLY 45 ;)

3 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Running at 2:00p.m. today really heightened the feel of the humidity and why it sucks so much.

None of the Humidors run in high dews. DIT has confirmed many of times he stays away from midday humid heat. He’ll run at 4am in July then cozy on up against his window unit as he sells used cars online. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like it's about to get wet over the next 2 days.

The globals and mesos both seem to like 1.5-2.0" around these parts by Friday afternoon. 

Just south of here might get smoked even more, as the models like a MPV-HIE type axis for real heavy stuff.

SQ0VeTY.png

fIxfuX6.png

I’m playing in a golf tournament at Basin Harbor in Vergennes tomorrow. Fun times. :maprain::raining:

5 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s humid and I installed. Summer is here.

Nice thing about the portable AC units....can slap the wall bracket and hose in and out of the window effortlessly if there's an anomalously hot day in April/May. Yes there's the disadvantage about the negative pressure they can create which essentially reduces the capacity, but if you get one of the ones with dual hoses (one intake one outake) that pretty much eliminates that problem.

Looks like there's a nice weekend on tap so not going to hear any complaints from me.