Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

3 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

Impressive dews today, it's a great feeling.

You should head down to New Orleans and enjoy their impressive dews. Mid 90s, dews in the upper 70s, 100 percent relative humidity, heat index of 100-105, and showers everyday to kick those dews up even more. 

Screenshot_20190618-193135_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, BrianW said:

You should head down to New Orleans and enjoy their impressive dews. Mid 90s, dews in the upper 70s, 100 percent relative humidity, heat index of 100-105, and showers everyday to kick those dews up even more. 

Screenshot_20190618-193135_Chrome.jpg

None of the humid humpers would. It’s all just a show they put on the internet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BrianW said:

My a/c has been on and running for months.  I pretty much never open up any windows. No thanks on letting all that pollen and dust inside. With a airtight home and a good hvac unit and filter system the air inside is vastly better quality then outside. 

Indoor climate control is pretty advanced now. My unit has humidty control settings, uv light filter, multiple stage heat pump/cooling.  It is crazy energy efficient. 

In the winter it has been nothing short of amazing with keeping the indoor humidity around 40-50 percent. I dont think many realize how bad it is for you in the winter when your indoor humidity is like 10 percent. 

A temp of 68F with an RH of 10% gives you a dewpoint of 9F. I've never heard of a house being that low. I usually keep mine around 50% (dews near 50F). Anything higher and I start getting condensation on the windows.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He lives at lower elevation than BDL. It’s a roast zone. Oh what a torch 

I actually think he's a but higher than BDL but I'm a bit lower than the airport . He's a couple miles further east in Enfield where the elevation climbs above 200' whereas my area is like 150' and the airport is about 175'.  Regardless it's all a torch zone. South winds never really knock the temps down this far north in the state until late in the day if at all.  Many days in the spring and early summer on a southerly or southwesterly flow the warmest temps on my rides home from the the coast are usually from Windsor/Windsor Locks and points north into the Enfield area .  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Funny my unit purrs and really worked well last year in the dog grooming room, about 400 sq ft

For some spaces they can make sense.   For bedrooms, etc, might not be the best idea.  2 hose units are better as well when it comes to efficiency.  

Some of the classrooms in my building have portables due to window design (there are some students who require them due to their 504 accommodations), but they are loud and are not really designed for spaces that large (900 sq feet or so)

My sister uses some portables for her dog business, but only in work spaces. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like a warm week next week. Might be some convection Tuesday, but overall looks fairly warm. 

The sharp gradient in Maine scares me a bit. Roll some convection through and we probably wedge down here. 

Just now, dendrite said:

The sharp gradient in Maine scares me a bit. Roll some convection through and we probably wedge down here. 

Yeah tough to tell day to day stuff, but even after Tuesday...we may trough a bit, however thicknesses greater than 564 spell 80s.