Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's 6/17 and haven't installed. I honestly cannot recall a time where I have not needed it this late. There is always a couple of nights that aren't comfortable by 6/17...but this year..nothing a window fan cannot handle. 

Same here,came close a couple of times but not yet.

5 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Been all over the board with hand seeding and hydro. Tried KBG but didn't take hold. Recent hydroseed they used Site One sun/shade mix. seems to be working well. But, when I handseeded some, not so much. Lawns are a pita.

Bruckmann's True Value Hardware in Lawrence, Ma sells a seed by the name of perennial pacemaker. The seed grows well in shady and sunny areas. And it grows fast. I'm not sure if Bruckman's sells their products online. Perhaps you can call them to find out if they do. 978-686-4105. Even if they do not sell online they may be able to tell you how to order it from another company.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I've seen this posted at least a dozen times in the past several days. 

Summer is going to come, just relax and wait for it.  Right now, enjoy the low dews and 70s to low 80s. 

It IS summer, wx is awesome...warm with moderate dews. My sarcasm stems from the people clamoring about cool and dry when it clearly hasn't been. Lol wooooshh

12 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

It IS summer, wx is awesome...warm with moderate dews. My sarcasm stems from the people clamoring about cool and dry when it clearly hasn't been. Lol wooooshh

Well then it probably needs to be clarified... I think of "cool" as relative to normal.  Not like hat and gloves weather but when I hear cool I think of relative to normal.  

Up here there's no beating around the bush, it's been much cooler than normal. 

The 3 ASOS climate sites in NVT east of the Green Mtn Spine: 

1V4... -4.8

MPV... -3.4

MVL... -3.0

Theres no other way to describe those departures (and today will be another decently below normal day despite full sunshine) for the first 16 days of June.  

Down south it looks much more tempered with BDL at only -0.1 and ORH at -0.6.  

But the northern half of New England is riding some healthy negative departures.  No other way to spin a -3 to -5 style pattern up here.

Most of the warmth has come post cold frontal. When we try to build ridging and dews into the region we've been getting wedged. Rarely SNE has gotten in on the warm sectors, but even the one on Saturday had fairly low dews. My warmest daily min so far came in April (4/20 ironically).

It'll come though and when it does we'll be hitting the beach and the pools. Until then we yardwork and nape.

NAM FRH grid doesn't have much QPF at all at BOS, LGA, ALB triangulum and synoptically only has local downpours associated with warm frontalysis limping through anyway... The NAM is actually not a bad model at < 30 hours with convective initialization.   

It's not impossible that modest elevated instability slips in-between the grids and busts someone ...who of course then comes in here to explain why the model's wrong to everyone - 

40 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Well then it probably needs to be clarified... I think of "cool" as relative to normal.  Not like hat and gloves weather but when I hear cool I think of relative to normal.  

Up here there's no beating around the bush, it's been much cooler than normal. 

The 3 ASOS climate sites in NVT east of the Green Mtn Spine: 

1V4... -4.8

MPV... -3.4

MVL... -3.0

Theres no other way to describe those departures (and today will be another decently below normal day despite full sunshine) for the first 16 days of June.  

Down south it looks much more tempered with BDL at only -0.1 and ORH at -0.6.  

But the northern half of New England is riding some healthy negative departures.  No other way to spin a -3 to -5 style pattern up here.

Yeah, it's basically a normal temp/precip theme down here. No big heat but not cool at all. Of course we want the consistent, oppressive heavy heavies but that would be unusual in mid June.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Most of the warmth has come post cold frontal. When we try to build ridging and dews into the region we've been getting wedged. Rarely SNE has gotten in on the warm sectors, but even the one on Saturday had fairly low dews. My warmest daily min so far came in April (4/20 ironically).

It'll come though and when it does we'll be hitting the beach and the pools. Until then we yardwork and nape.

How are June departures running in your neck of the woods?

I honestly was surprised how low they were up this way at MPV/MVL/1V4.  The weather has been nice and enjoyable but guess its been enough to average -3 or lower so far in the means.

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

How are June departures running in your neck of the woods?

I honestly was surprised how low they were up this way at MPV/MVL/1V4.  The weather has been nice and enjoyable but guess its been enough to average -3 or lower so far in the means.

CON was -1.8F after yesterday. 

34 minutes ago, dendrite said:

CON was -1.8F after yesterday. 

Matches a gradient pattern from SNE up this way in terms of departures.... but no one would call June a warm month relative to normal to this point.

But like I said, this time of year below normal but full sunshine is still pretty damn nice outside.

Today for example...right now running -5 for the daily mean but it's plenty hot in the sun for it to feel like summer.

Suffering through another below normal June day.

Bln90Rs.jpg

It's rare to see a -2 or even -3 SD L/W axis/quasi-closed vortex carve toward the Great Basin out west and actually ....fail to raise OV heights. 

They try to rise, but some kind of -NAO domain exertion is anchoring lower heights into the lower Maritimes ...and that is rasping off/acting as though to 'absorb' heights as they try to build NE.  I say "some kind" because this is persisting in the absence of much identifiable over-arcing ridge/blocking more typical of -NAO at higher latitudes.   The rising NAO in the GEFs is all but totally abandoned at this point ...yet there are still only vague ridging signals among the members.  It would appear that weird permanent vortex over NF is drawing the NAO down for it's own virtue.  interesting. 

It's been going on all spring, too ...  but across this particular set of mid and extended range charts ( unilaterally ) as of late, they are really honing the effect and making it more coherently defined, where heights fall out west.. and stay fallen out east.  :wacko2:.  And it's an atypical behavior and design.  

I guess it does sort of work it's way out toward a solution that looks more physically plausible ... way out there around D 9 ...10 in the EPS but as others have already noted, that's not been very capable of lasting toward any frames < circa 7 days out. 

By the way, 50 N and the D6 operational Euro has snow levels down to 2,000 feet over the lower Maritimes with a two-stream subsume phased solution that would make many February's blush...  That's bombogen there.. as in < 12 mb in 18 hours. 

While people continue to die in droves in India and Iraq from historic heat no less.   Really quite remarkable.